User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General SA chat thread

Default General SA chat thread

Yeah it's such a different store! My job is ridiculously hard now lol
    I've just worked 100 hours in 9 days straight so nothing's easy, hopefully after an RDO tomorrow I'm a little more refreshed!
    Thursday or Friday is best, ask to speak to me and someone will page me, then I'll put in your order ;-)

that sounds like a pretty shitty week... hopefully you got paid a good bit of overtime for all the effort you put into relocating the store, sounds like you did it all by yourself, haha

sounds awesome, i'll try and drop in thursday after work to place the order, i've spent so much money over the last couple of weeks it's not funny and i have plans to spend even more of it, haha, tires killed me though, i really didn't wanna spend $1,600 on new tires -_- oh well it had to be done i guess and so do my brakes... as long as i have enough to get me through my holiday and pay the bills for the month i have off work, i'm happy, then it's back to saving, lol, hopefully i can at least get a tune done before the cruise next month, exhaust might have to wait a bit though... so much stuff i want, not enough money to do it with, haha

my girlfriend gave me permission to get an exhaust as loud as i wanted tonight when i took her home the council's been involved between my family and the neighbour about our dog, who since her sister passed away cause she had to be put down, doesn't like to be outside and does make a bit of noise... the council had been monitoring her barking for the last week or so and it's come back in our favour that the noise isn't excessive, but possibly a nuisance for a total of... one day per week... yeah, my neighbour's an ass... he hates any noise not made by him, he came over to tell me to turn my guitar amp down because his 3 or 4 year old son was trying to sleep... at 2 pm in the afternoon... this was after he decided to chuck a rock through my shed window where i had once had my guitar amp and soundboard and whatnot set up, luckily at the other end of the shed where the rock went through... one time i had some friends over, he chucked a rock at the fence for whatever reason, so i drunkenly started chanting that my neighbour's a wanker... turns out he didn't like that too much and called the cops for "underage and unsupervised drinking"... when we were all over 18 and my parents were home -_- so, after my girlfriend hearing many stories of the asshole and listening in on the council phone call we had with the results and joking about a few things we should do to piss him off (my mum's hung wind chimes out in a spot where wind always hits them right near the fence ) i told her that's why i wanted an exhaust so when i leave for work at 5:30 in the morning i can give him something to complain about so, looks like i'm getting an exhaust soon

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Great first day! If you have an MPS come and have a look at the biggest and the best automotive store in SA and ask to speak to Mark so I can meet you :-) (I could be bias but let me know if there's a larger and better automotive store in SA I would be keen to check it out!)
    I see ya all the time when i come into the store (havnt been to the new one yet) but your always busy fluffin around, so i dont worry about bothering ya.
    CPE CAI, CPE catted DP, Custom 3" exhaust, Heavily Modified KO4 turbo, Upgraded topmount Intercooler, Turbosmart Boost controller (set to 17psi), CDFP kit, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, CPE engine mount, N2MB WOTbox, Eibach prokit springs, Cobb adjustable rear sway bar, DBA 4000 rotors, Falken RT615 tyres.
    Car has made 212Kw's@wheels on Factory Mazda tune (Graham Wests dyno)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS3 View Post
    I see ya all the time when i come into the store (havnt been to the new one yet) but your always busy fluffin around, so i dont worry about bothering ya.
    Yeah I'm always busy generally but if you get a chance slow me down and say g'day :-)

Baz it's a way better idea to get the exhaust done before the tune anyway, for a decent job that's not going to cost the earth go see Peter at Morphett Exhaust. He did a custom catback that has a Y split before the rear diff for better flow.
    Get S&J to do the dump at the same time as the tune :-)

I'm starting to think of upgrading the turbo to the BNR one and pushing an extra 40 kw's....

thanks for your help today can't wait for the rotors to arrive, shame about the rears being unavailable :/ guess i'll go to Mazda and see what it'll cost to get some pads in i'll have to suss out that place soon, does he have an e-mail address or something i can contact him with? i suppose that's a better plan of attack than paying more and getting it tuned twice, lol, just need to see what money i have to spend i suppose

No probs, always happy to help where I can :-)
    Peter at Morphett exhaust is pretty old school you would be better to just go see him and say I sent you, he has done 3-4 6 MPS that I know of so I know he will do a good job!

i know, i really appreciate all your help and having a second opinion with someone who knows about the car i drive cause they own one, it really helps just to be sure, that exhaust place is on O'Sullivans Beach Road right? it's the only one that comes up when i search on google, lol

Yeah the beach side just past Stratco :-)

sweet, i'll check it out next time i head down that way next

Mark, are your hesitation issues still solved?! I think I'm going to have to look into the spring stretch too. I don't feel like Mazda will be too helpful if I tell them about the issue at my next service.

Stretching the springs was pretty easy to do and did help somewhat (95% better) Since having the dump pipe and ECUTEK tune with S&J I am 100% cured
    Hesitation used to be so annoying, you know you have the power and torque but cant effectively put it on the ground...

If you are going to stretch the springs out my tip would be to wash out the intercooler with a bottle of degreaser too while the IC is off.

NEW CRUISE THREAD IS UP
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/cruis...tml#post231810

Please RSVP

Replied to cruise thread

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Stretching the springs was pretty easy to do and did help somewhat (95% better) Since having the dump pipe and ECUTEK tune with S&J I am 100% cured
    Hesitation used to be so annoying, you know you have the power and torque but cant effectively put it on the ground...

If you are going to stretch the springs out my tip would be to wash out the intercooler with a bottle of degreaser too while the IC is off.
    Sweet! I will look into it.

Hey Baz, today was hectic at work! The owner is away for the week so I'm running the whole place on my own :-(
    Tomorrow is an RDO so I'll pop past and show Peter my catback system.

haha, that's ok, you looked pretty busy, i didn't wanna bother you too much, i've probably done enough of that already, i would have thought Peter would have had your number and could have just called you himself, he only wants to jack it up a few minutes just to see what he put on yours and remember what he did so he can do it to mine on friday, lol, should be pretty awesome, i can't wait, even better that it's alot less than i first thought it would cost :P i love the sound of your exhaust, i know you have a dump pipe, but i'll get around to that when i get back from the Gold Coast and head to S&J like you suggested, i found out today a neighbour accross the road has been to both MV Exhaust and S&J with his WRX when he had it and had good things to say about both places, so i'm looking forward to getting the full exhaust and tune done, should be pretty awesome

You will love it! The DP really made hardly any difference to the sound actually but wow did it to the kws lol
    I'm looking at an upgrade fuel pump so I can safely do an upgrade TMIC and get it ready for the BNR stage 2 turbo sometime next year hopefully. Should net somewhere around 240-250 wasps then :-)

haha, should be pretty awesome, i was gonna look into something like a cam change for my next performance upgrade, i've heard you can get some pretty impressive power gains just from a cam change, but after i have the exhaust and tune that'll probably do me for quite a while so i can save for a house with my girlfriend and whatnot and any pocket money will probably go towards things like strut braces and swaybars before doing much more to the engine, i should really do something about my rear diff, so engine and diff mounts are on the agenda too at some stage

Just been down and seen Peter at Morphettvale Exhaust for you Baz, he is now all good to go for yours Friday.
    I remember feeling a bit down when I got mine back from him, felt from then on it had lost its innocence... Lol

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast