User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying Stock Exhaust

mine goes in tomorrow to get muffler removed. replaced with straight pipe with flanges put in so i then can put muffler back in if needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    mine goes in tomorrow to get muffler removed. replaced with straight pipe with flanges put in so i then can put muffler back in if needed to.
    What exhaust shop are you using Remotegt......let us know how is goes searching for a good one in the capital
    マツダスピード

fyswhick exhaust im using. they do pretty good work. well ive seen there welds and they look pretty darn good.
    lynchy ive seen you around in calwell once or twice. love the stripes. i getting black ones soon. i thought i was gonna be the only one with the stripes then i saw you. hehe. ill be getting black like the mps extreme.

if ya want can meet up quickly and you can have a listen to to se if you like it or not. pm me if your keen on going to a track day in july. will be good to have another mps there
    Last edited by remotegt; 18-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

fyswhick exhaust im using. they do pretty good work. well ive seen there welds and they look pretty darn good.
    lynchy ive seen you around in calwell once or twice. love the stripes. i getting black ones soon. i thought i was gonna be the only one with the stripes then i saw you. hehe. ill be getting black like the mps extreme.
    woohoo ....ive finally been spotted lol....yeah what colour is your MPS????

Love the bonnet stripes....do you live in near calwell?

How much remotegt if you dont mind me asking???? would love to hear how it sounds when its done !!!
    マツダスピード

mine is the aurora blue. yeah in calwell area.
    mine will be done tomorrow. aroundthe 140 mark with flanges welded on as well. that way can put the muffler back in if needed.

i cant help but do up every car i own and i always regret going the cheap route.
    Just save pennies and get the best!

yeah i would do that but whats the point in spending $700 on a cat back system for no performance increase or very little? i dont wanna do a full system just yet so doing this will be great for now.

little? a hitech catback system for our xr5 gave an average of 9kw at the wheel gain.....so yes its worth it.

ok but effectively i doing the same as a catback system anyway. removing the big offset restrictive muffler. altohugh it still at 2.5inch. a catback system 3 inch and straight thru muffler. the rear muffler on mps is straight through anyway, the biggest restriction is the middle muffler. ill get mine dynoed after and see ifhtere any difference.

you want to try and make sure there are minimal bends in the exhaust and you want it to stay hot (i.e. dont go too wide) as hotter exhaust gases travel faster.

yeah. so removingthe muffler and replace with a straight pipe takes out one bend. keeps the 2.5 inch diameter, the cat back systems for mps travel on same path as standard exhasut.

im sure that would make some sort of difference

our gains are large because the standard catback has ugly bends all over the place.

yeah i confident i will make small gains. so $140 is way better than $700 if you put a dump pipe on and fixed up other half of exhaust gains would be like 20kw or so. but then id want a boost controller to stop overboosting.

im sure a free flowing exhaust isnt going to increase boost that much that you need to worry about overboosting. If you have a tune then thats different.

ok but effectively i doing the same as a catback system anyway. removing the big offset restrictive muffler. altohugh it still at 2.5inch. a catback system 3 inch and straight thru muffler. the rear muffler on mps is straight through anyway, the biggest restriction is the middle muffler. ill get mine dynoed after and see ifhtere any difference.
    I thought all the restriction or at least most of it happens on the first cat.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Yeah mine is flanged as well

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

Haha....

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I thought all the restriction or at least most of it happens on the first cat.
    thats right, thats why i dont want to spend 700 on a cat back exhaust.. just the muffler. eventually ill go TBE

yea i am going to remove second cat with straight pipe... would love a full replacement piece so i could swap back if need be... but shipping is crazy right now and TXS doesn't seem to make them anymore ??

our cat back i think is pretty good apart from diameter... there are minimal bends only major one as it goes over the rear axle.. thus why a full cat back system doesn't yield that much more power...

Of course if money is no issue then a full after market system is the go .. but with given times and economy not everyone can afford full systems to be shipped e.t.c. or even just from local.... thus why i started this thread...

haha i bight my tongue !! MPS Garage FTW !! Cork Sport Race Pipe ?? not for road use ? why is that ? What does it actually replace ?

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...race-pipe.html

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

looks like issues with it anyway as MPSG site says.. looking on US forums now and people leaking all over the place haha... be better off either making your own or cutting out existing !
    Last edited by PaulG; 19-05-2009 at 08:35 AM.

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast