User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CEL with CP-e downpipe

def sound's like a prob with the o2 sensor, maybe its not the right one or its faulty

Ive had CPe downpipe and ecu tuned for like 4 months nothing happened until last week. The cel jumped out, took to Mrt they said it's o2 sensor. They reset it and said might need to return to turn the code off if it happens again. And yup next day was on again, haven't got a chance to take my car back, but they said it's fine to drive, so ya.. Next month maybe.

Default Re: CEL with CP-e downpipe

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Ive had CPe downpipe and ecu tuned for like 4 months nothing happened until last week. The cel jumped out, took to Mrt they said it's o2 sensor. They reset it and said might need to return to turn the code off if it happens again. And yup next day was on again, haven't got a chance to take my car back, but they said it's fine to drive, so ya.. Next month maybe.
    What CEL code did you get?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have had the CPE DP from 5000K till 34000K 2 years with my gen 2 and have never had a CEL. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I got a single CEL when I fitted my CP_e DP but after a re-start it vanished and never came back. Give it a chance to soot up, get hot and burn off any crud that is on it and see if the CEL goes. You could try disconnecting your battery earth lead and reconnecting it and then restart. Are you sure the sensor lead didn't get twisted and damaged during the installation?
    Exactly the same for me. I threw a CEL also on first fire up. Re-start and it too vanished, the only thing that happened after is the MPS came ALIVE!!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    What CEL code did you get?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I got 2096 (rear o2 sensor lean stick)
    but took my car back last week and they re do the map, didn't turn the code off yet, so far so good.
    MPS 3 GenII

I know this is an old thread but where can I find that o2 extender? I found a few on the net but none of them was specific for the MPS6. I don't want to get one that doesn't fit or its not the proper length. I am getting the catless DP
    Last edited by jnin; 22-09-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12