User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazdaspeed 3 Front bonet vibrates fiercly once over 210km/h

Fastest I have gone in my MPS is 205 (Speedo indicated >210) and there were no signs that the bonnet was doing anything to worry about. I was slamming on the brakes for Turn 1 as soon as I hit that speed tho so didn't quite exceed the speed you're talking about. Let alone stay above it for long enough for any resonance to occur.
    Last edited by Reedy; 22-08-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Its quite frequent that cars travel at that high speed in Malaysia. If you have driven in Malaysia, then you will know what I mean. The average speed of a car on the highway in malaysia is around 160-170km/h... higher if the car is of a higher ability.

Also, the Sepang F1 track gets regular use from the public as well

Do they have unrestricted highways there or does the population just disregard the road rules?

Default Mazdaspeed 3 Front bonet vibrates fiercly once over 210km/h

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Its quite frequent that cars travel at that high speed in Malaysia. If you have driven in Malaysia, then you will know what I mean. The average speed of a car on the highway in malaysia is around 160-170km/h... higher if the car is of a higher ability.

Also, the Sepang F1 track gets regular use from the public as well
    You should see Germany, lucky we hired a brand spanker 325i utherwise we would never have been able to keep up with the traffic on their highways! We were sitting on about 170km/h most of our travels, but did hit 260 on a couple of long straights. And noone thinks anything of it!

Ps: we actually made it from Berlin to Frankfurt in under 4 hours (just under 600km!)

Pps: don't even get me started on how they drive their 100's thou € cars around nurbergring!! New R8's, GTR's, M3's etc.. Like they were stolen! Germans are one craaazy race ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Do they have unrestricted highways there or does the population just disregard the road rules?
    Germany from my knowledge is the last place for unrestricted highways. I'll let you conclude from my statement, Reed, about what happens in Malaysia.

Italian style road rules, got it.

Default Re: Mazdaspeed 3 Front bonet vibrates fiercly once over 210km/h

I've driven in Italy. Scared the bejesus out of me. Had to pull off the Autostrada and stop every 20 mins to regain my sanity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12