User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herald Sun Review MPS Gen II - Aug 2012

Default Herald Sun Review MPS Gen II - Aug 2012

Attached in PDF form also

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 17-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Dan. I wonder if that is a dealer plate, or a member on the forum?

Same usual comments about the torque steer and road noise. Seems to be the main things they talk about in all these reviews.

No mentions of engine mounts though

4. Default

great article and review, wish the MPS was in red thou!

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I also love how our MPS gets 4 of 5 stars and the WV GTI, XR5 and WRX all came in at 3.5 stars

I amthinking it is a dealer plate. Found this pic a while back on the webses...of you look close it is the same number plate.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_mps_001-4b77a63be0d09-m_610x450.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	11994

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Thanks Dan. I wonder if that is a dealer plate, or a member on the forum?
    Corksport SRI and TIP, 2XS LED lighting-: interior, parkers, fog lights and number plate lights, painted brake calipers (black), cPE REM, Cobb AP, Corksport front strut brace, Corksport rear sway bar, Autotech HPFP internals, Xforce cat back exhaust, Xforce DP, HPFP etune.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf9686969 View Post
    I amthinking it is a dealer plate. Found this pic a while back on the webses...of you look close it is the same number plate.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mazda3_mps_001-4b77a63be0d09-m_610x450.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	11994

It's owned by Mazda Aus AFAIK. That car featured in all their promo material.

There were the Vic plates "3MPS" up for sale a while ago by one of our Ex-members. Was asking a fair bit though - $1500
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    It's owned by Mazda Aus AFAIK. That car featured in all their promo material.

There were the Vic plates "3MPS" up for sale a while ago by one of our Ex-members. Was asking a fair bit though - $1500

Yeah there still for sale, original price was 600 which i was going to jump on but didn't have the money, then when i did they doubled in price...
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Selling plates should be illegal. Afaik it is in NSW.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk

Why should it be illegal? You wanna see the YouTube clip on number plate auctions in the UAE - crazy.

10. Default

There use to be a section just for plates in the trading post in NSW...and why are they using a 2010 model for a 2012 article, i know the differences are minor, but the dash/trim pic doesn't reflect what you get now as far as colours.
    Last edited by shaneski; 17-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Article is about Used Cars that's why

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Selling plates should be illegal. Afaik it is in NSW.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk
    because people buy them for $600 then think they can sell them for $5000.
    they should have to hand them in if they are not being used.
    its like me buying all the good phone numbers from telstra and trying to resell them, i dont see why anyone should be allowed to turn a profit from them.
    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I guess but the Plate is always worth what the market will pay. Lot of people buy them speculatively and lose.

Old plates that are standard issue are returned all the time and could be highly desirable - get your timing right and you could win big.

I have personalized plates, I'd sell them for what they cost me but no less - or alternatively I turn them in and you pay that money to Vic Roads for the same thing all over again. Which old you prefer?

And to your point on phone numbers - everyone buys the good websites and then sells those for a shit load. I work in marketing so I jack off over this stuff, but check out the story of dusty and michael - they registered the coca cola Facebook page before Coke did - it got 3 million fam
    Ns almost overnight. Come hadnt even thought about it yet but realised the opportunity, and it was going to cost them so much to buy the rights back off dusty and michael that they simply employed them and made them significant shareholders.....it works both ways.
    Last edited by SMOKEY; 17-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.

because people buy them for $600 then think they can sell them for $5000.
    they should have to hand them in if they are not being used.
    its like me buying all the good phone numbers from telstra and trying to resell them, i dont see why anyone should be allowed to turn a profit from them.
    All my personalised plates were just that, personal. They were never specific to my car, but to the period of my life of when I bought them and that's why I still own them

WAZZUP
    DISGUY (wife has DISGAL)
    SLIXX

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Haha "wazzup"'..... I'd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Haha "wazzup"'..... I'd lol.
    Yeah got way too much unwanted attention with that plate at the time. People jumping out in front of the car shouting WAZZZZZZUUUUPPP!!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    yeah got way too much unwanted attention with that plate at the time. People jumping out in front of the car shouting wazzzzzzuuuuppp!!!

Peter "slixx"
    very funny..I can just imagine it happening.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    I guess but the Plate is always worth what the market will pay. Lot of people buy them speculatively and lose.

Old plates that are standard issue are returned all the time and could be highly desirable - get your timing right and you could win big.

I have personalized plates, I'd sell them for what they cost me but no less - or alternatively I turn them in and you pay that money to Vic Roads for the same thing all over again. Which old you prefer?

And to your point on phone numbers - everyone buys the good websites and then sells those for a shit load. I work in marketing so I jack off over this stuff, but check out the story of dusty and michael - they registered the coca cola Facebook page before Coke did - it got 3 million fam
    Ns almost overnight. Come hadnt even thought about it yet but realised the opportunity, and it was going to cost them so much to buy the rights back off dusty and michael that they simply employed them and made them significant shareholders.....it works both ways.
    squatting domain names is illegal... and plates still remain the property of the RTA (At least in NSW).. anway..

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

i still have the plates.. i was hoping to re use them at some stage but thats not going to happen anytime soon

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

slixx were the wassup plates on a n14 jappy turbo

squatting domain names is illegal... and plates still remain the property of the RTA (At least in NSW).. anway..

As it was explained to me a while ago by the RTA, is that you dont legally own the plate, or even the combination of letters and numbers, your only legal right is to display the contents of the plate on your car.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast