User Tag List

Thread: wheel nuts.. where do ya get 'em in qld..

Default wheel nuts.. where do ya get 'em in qld..

Finally finished spraying the rims i got and now i need some decent wheel nuts.
    was looking at some from jdm concepts. Two weeks before i can get some. wondered if anyone knows a dealer. been to supacheap, repco,, another thing is the hub centric spacers need some of those as well.
    i ya can give me some directions to a dealer. would be great.. want to fit rims asap with aftermarket in color red.
    thanks for ya advice.....

www.2xsracing.com Contact Troy @2XS

Bought these...

Silly question... How do you do them up? lol the d1 spec ones that is

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Silly question... How do you do them up? lol the d1 spec ones that is
    They have an Allen key drive in the centre.

ok excellent thanks troy

I need some of those in red!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    They have an Allen key drive in the centre.
    Not rattlegun friendly?

Chris.

Wouldn't hit any aluminium racing nuts with a rattle gun - most likely strip the threads inside.

I am looking for wheel nuts too - the good ones are bloody expensive, and the cheap ones I don't trust.

Too many stories about aluminium ones backing off - paint chipping after the first time you tighten, bent socket keys and it goes on.

If money was no object I would get KICS R40 lug nuts - not only do they look cool but the seat/base is 'floating' so it doesn't gouge your rims when tightening.

Middle of the road I would go for muteki sr48s - but I have read some stories about even these having issues, and they are not cheap. Although these stories seemed to all be from 2008ish so maybe they have improved their quality. Mostly related to bent keys and anodized paint chipping.

Others to look at would be blox, gorilla nuts, or McGuard spline nuts (although they are damn ugly)

I bought a set of Rays Duraluminum early last year - paid good money - turned out to be fakes. Got a refund, but still. Be careful buying on eBay. If the price is too cheap, they will almost certainly be fake.

And make sure you get the right seat to suit your wheels!!!! Get this wrong and you will be in all sorts of fail. Also, if your wheels have a conical seat, you won't need centric spacers, the nuts will center the wheel - but if you want peace of mind, get alloy ones off eBay for about 30 bucks.

Here is a pic of the Mutekis on some RPF1s....love!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345159764.857447.jpg

Do these actually fit on oem rims? Im guessing they would look stupid cause they stick out too far?
    Any options for shorter lightweight nuts for oem rims?

Default wheel nuts.. where do ya get 'em in qld..

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Do these actually fit on oem rims? Im guessing they would look stupid cause they stick out too far?
    Any options for shorter lightweight nuts for oem rims?
    The long D1 spec same style as those on stock OEM stick out. I have them but not on stock wheels anymore.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

So digging this thread up cause I'm in the market for new wheel nuts...does anyone know of an Aussie distributors of genuine rays? Buying off ebay scares the bejebus out of me..never know what your gonna get.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    So digging this thread up cause I'm in the market for new wheel nuts...does anyone know of an Aussie distributors of genuine rays? Buying off ebay scares the bejebus out of me..never know what your gonna get.
    I bought a set through Nengun before.

Be aware that all of your duralliium nuts have a life, and also a limited number of times tightened.
    They do stretch over time.

Rotor wheels aus make steel nuts coloured. If coloured is what you are after.

Otherwise mazda usa sell mazdaspeed wheel nuts which are steel and black. Originally made for the mazdaspeed rays Mst's I had on the sp20. But you can still get them.

Autoexe ones are also steel.

15. Default

rota_wheels_australia

Thats the ebay seller... punch that in and you will see all different colours and styles. All steel.
    Have had some of these for ages too. Fantastic, cheap, local and next day deliv.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    rota_wheels_australia

Thats the ebay seller... punch that in and you will see all different colours and styles. All steel.
    Have had some of these for ages too. Fantastic, cheap, local and next day deliv.
    Thanks mate, will chk them out
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Well nothing stood out from Rota. But Nengun is a good little site, thanks @AzzA SP20. They have genuine rays for $132+$20 shipping...hard to pass that deal up

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Well nothing stood out from Rota. But Nengun is a good little site, thanks @AzzA SP20. They have genuine rays for $132+$20 shipping...hard to pass that deal up
    yeah, rota are just your regular steel coloured nuts, good for the money. But nengun stock all the JDM brands (rays, buddy club etc.), and at reasonable prices.

Unfortunate that nengun don't do much for the MPS'

I paid $206 over 2 years ago through nengun for rays nuts and valve caps delivered.

I picked up a set of AutoExe wheel nuts off of eBay. Seemed to be the best place to get nuts at the time!