User Tag List

Thread: Changing to led parkers

1. Default Changing to led parkers

Hey guys, last week my 8000k hids got delivered and I installed them, very simple to do. However the supplied led Parker lights aren't so easy. Does any one know how to remove and replace the parker lights on a gen 1 mps...?

There is a link on ozmps about the Mazda 6 but it is way different to the 3.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

It's pretty simple. The HIDs are much harder so not sure where you're going wrong!

Just locate the back of the bulb holder, twist 45 degrees and pull out. Install is reverse. Airbox has to be removed to teach passenger side light.

I have small hands but still a bit hard to go in but was alright. Took me 15 mins to do mine.

I had to take my front bumper then headlight out to fit my parkers. Took me way to long otherwise.

Gen won tho

mazda reckon they had to pull my bumper to change hid bulbs... how did u do it so easy? and for the parkers get a paid of needle nose pliers on the backof them and twist hard as shit anti clockwise and theyll spin and pull out. ive done it several times. but now ive got none

7. Default

Yes it seems easy enough except for my big hands getting in the way. I got a Sri so my air box is long gone. Might have to take out the whole headlight assembly??

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    It's pretty simple. The HIDs are much harder so not sure where you're going wrong!

Just locate the back of the bulb holder, twist 45 degrees and pull out. Install is reverse. Airbox has to be removed to teach passenger side light.

A pair of needle nose pliers helped me twist out the passenger side one.

It is frustrating - but do-able. Just make sure you test the lights before you slot them back in - the polarity has to be right or they won't light up. Saves having to go through the whole damn process again if you get it wrong.

Just installed mine tonight, literally took 5 min, they just twist out, I have the corksports box and Sri so just undone the top bolt to move the air box slightly! No need to remove headlights or bumpers!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post

I'll say! The HID's in the MPS6 are a menace to change as I can't fit my hands too well in small spaces.

The parkers are much easier. Hope you got it sorted ok

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

5min for me...maybe its coz i dont have fat fingers!