User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Down Pipe, can you install it yourself?

Timmy,

Let me know when you're ready to order.

-Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    If your in Sydney go to castle hill exhausts they done it in like 2.5 hours and charges 250-300 from memory
    thanks for the tip
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

so how much is a cp-e and how much is a corkspeed?

prices seem reasonable, shipping i can see being a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by TWENTY B View Post
    prices seem reasonable, shipping i can see being a killer.
    very true, I found if you are buying more than one item then the shipping costs come down and it works out much cheeper, but if you want it 'NOW' (like I usually do) then the extra couple of dollars are worth spending. Having said that I will order the DP from the States, I want some strut braces too and the total savings really add up.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

Default Re: Down Pipe, can you install it yourself?

Installed my Cp-e downpipe last week. Took me 6 hours all up. Hardest part for me was removing the heat shields. Ratchet spanners helped alot and it wasn't as hard to do as I anticipated just take your time. Also i found that if it's in your way remove it. I stuffed around trying to squeeze a heat shield out and eventually ended up removing a cover off the alternator. After that it came out no worries.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Installed my Cp-e downpipe last week. Took me 6 hours all up. Hardest part for me was removing the heat shields. Ratchet spanners helped alot and it wasn't as hard to do as I anticipated just take your time. Also i found that if it's in your way remove it. I stuffed around trying to squeeze a heat shield out and eventually ended up removing a cover off the alternator. After that it came out no worries.

Nice mate, have you noticed any performance improvements? with the Cp-e DP is there a cat option? I'm fairly sold on Corksport but if others are using this thread as research.

Did you have access to a hoist or just on car stands? (lots o questions sorry mate)

Tim
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

The CP_e comes with a cat and two O2 sensor ports. It proved to be the single best performance addition one can buy at the price. I did not change the rest of the exhaust and it has a nice note and no drone. Economy is very good and certainly did not deteriorate. I installed mine in a carport with the car on stands. As noted previously, I removed everything that was in the way and leant the engine as far forward as it would go, by relieveing the rear and RH side engine mounts and supporting the engine on a stand too. Read my previous posts for more info.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Default Re: Down Pipe, can you install it yourself?

What ^ said

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123