User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delvered BNR stage 2.5 :)

Default Delvered BNR stage 2.5 :)

So ordered a BNR Stage 1 from MPS garage a little while ago to fix smoking issue, they recently got some new BNR stage 2.5 and have given me his turbo for the same price as i have been waiting a bit for a stage 1 to come in . Apparently BNR have redesigned their turbos and this flows close to a stage 3 or something like that. One of the guys i talked to from MPS garage said it was in between a stage 2 and 3.

Turbo is going in next week will let you know how it all goes.

Link to turbo

Mazda MPS BNR Turbo Stage 2.5 | MPS Garage

Will try get some photos of the size difference if possible.
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

BT-50 yeah i know your impressed

Probably could have ordered it direct for cheaper

Let us know how it goes

get the stage 3 why go smaller you'll get more out of it and it's spool time will almost be exactly the same, the GTX 3071 would be better as it doesnt run outta puff beyond 5000 rpm like the bnr's do, my stage 3 runs outta puff and its very noticable

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Probably could have ordered it direct for cheaper

Let us know how it goes
    Sam theres a reason why i still shop there and others. If you email Daniel and talk to him directly he will help you out! yes they have had hickups but email him ask for pickup i think you will be suprised!!!!
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 10-08-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

5. Default

surely the BNR Stage 3 has better puff at high rpm than the stocker

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    surely the BNR Stage 3 has better puff at high rpm than the stocker
    Yes it does, even stage 2 has 14-20kw more at 6000rpm

Well I ordered the stage one just as a replacement was not looking to go bigger even though I could have. But wasn't going to turn down a bigger turbo lol.

Yes could have got it cheaper from overseas but Daniel helped me out do not gonna get all the info off him then purchase somewhere else would be a bit douchbaggy. Plus warranty will be less hassle then buying in the US

Hope it goes well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Hope it goes well for you!
    Me too lol thanks man

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120810_194230.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	11909

Cant wait to see the results

Interestingly, there's no mention of this Stage 2.5 on the BNR website... BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7

Just Stage 1 and Stage 3.

Yeah i know, can only go off what the guys said :S im sure itll be fine, Apparently all the BNR's have been re-designed i believe the stage 1 now outflows and older stage 2., looks alot like a stage 2 possibly a new stage 2? then Bryan decided there was no point so discontinued it?

So just picked up the car today with the new Turbo in it, haven't really had a chance to hit it to much to see the difference in power. Apparently was a real pain in the ass to install, custom made lines etc. Fair bit of labour involved too :S. One thing the guys werent 100% sure on was if there needed to be a restricter installed on the BNR line going to stock boost controller, on the stock turbo there is one but on the BNR there is not, does anyone know if there should be one added? Some guys in the states have suggested it but MPS Garage said there was no need can someone verify please that has done a BNR upgrade?

Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Interestingly, there's no mention of this Stage 2.5 on the BNR website... BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7

Just Stage 1 and Stage 3.
    Mine looks alot like a stage 3 so not sure what it is, definitely a BNR though, not that fussed though lol.

Oh and no smoke so far
    SOLD |2005 MPS 6| BNR Stage 3 | Cobb AP | AEM CAI | CP-E TIP | CP-E TMIC | Autotech HPFP | CP-E DP | CPE CBE | H&R Coils | SPC Ball Joints | DBA Slotted Rotors | HKS SSQ BOV | Cobb EBC | JBR Short Shift + Heavy Gear Knob| LED Tail Lights | Black Powder Coated Rims | Corksport Front Strut | CP-E Rear Engine Mount | CP-E Injector Seals | Denso Spark Plugs | Perm Tune

Few of the members here have these turbo's and would be able to tell you how they went about that. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Few of the members here have these turbo's and would be able to tell you how they went about that. Don't lose any sleep over it.
    Thanks man yeah thats what im hoping. And yeah not a biggy as it wont do any damage. Sill nice to get sorted im OCD about stuff not being 100% lol

Can you take a pick of your custom hose work by any chance?

Install a piece of piss......

BNR S2 in taken 4.5 hrs so far to fit you you need-

T piece for waste gate and turbo boost line, 50cm size 3-4mm .
    30cm long water line, sizes 7.9mm.
    heat sheild at back of turbo needs to be modded to fit. Waste gate actuator shaft is little different.
    Bottom oil line is 2mm short and needed to be stretched a bit to fit, just make sure when you tightn the bolts up you do them evenly. will check for leaks when i start it

So far so good only have 1-2hrs tomorrow put Tmic, TIP, battery box etc to finish off and hope no problems

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Hardest and longest part of install was teh heatsheild, but this can be left off.. (Check yours) If its left off it will take 4-5 hrs to do install...

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

No need for the restricter, It wont boost as high and as quick but this is not a bad thing until your tuned. On stock tune i logged mine at 14psi, i found power came on smoother.
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 15-08-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Install a piece of piss......

BNR S2 in taken 4.5 hrs so far to fit you you need-

T piece for waste gate and turbo boost line, 50cm size 3-4mm .
    30cm long water line, sizes 7.9mm.
    heat sheild at back of turbo needs to be modded to fit. Waste gate actuator shaft is little different.
    Bottom oil line is 2mm short and needed to be stretched a bit to fit, just make sure when you tightn the bolts up you do them evenly. will check for leaks when i start it

So far so good only have 1-2hrs tomorrow put Tmic, TIP, battery box etc to finish off and hope no problems

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ts-red-15.html

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Hardest and longest part of install was teh heatsheild, but this can be left off.. (Check yours) If its left off it will take 4-5 hrs to do install...

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

No need for the restricter, It wont boost as high and as quick but this is not a bad thing until your tuned. On stock tune i logged mine at 14psi, i found power came on smoother.
    Thanks mate, i have stage 2 cobb MAP butt would probs be worth doing a perm tune on it, what did you use for the restrictor? and where did u add it?

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Can you take a pick of your custom hose work by any chance?
    Ill see how i go not much room down there lol

Btw gave it a hit off from the lights quite impressed on the increase boost at higher RPM, and comes on abit harder too

I would put the AP in safe mode, you run a risk of leaning out too far with that turbo on a stage 2 map!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast