User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust mani heat shields

Default Exhaust mani heat shields

Hi guys, call me stupid, just finished swapping out the dp and cannot for the life of me remember where one of the heat shields goes, or if it even fits back with aftermarket dp.
    The one I am referring to is the bottom left in the photo. I know the top one fits on over the manifold, and the one on the bottom right bolts up just underneath the exhaust manifold pipes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1078.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	11894

EDIT: Ok I think I remember it was somehow attached to the stock dp cat and it had clips on it holding the o2 sensor wire. Don't think it goes back on.
    Last edited by dazza; 08-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Heat wrap your downpipe, if it isn't to late help keep temps down

yep you're right, that part goes back on the stock dump. I took the spiral clip off the heatshield and used an existing screw on the firewall to screw that spiral bit back on. that way you can still keep the o2 wire off the hot parts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Heat wrap your downpipe, if it isn't to late help keep temps down
    Yeah I might just get it ceramic coated, cbf pulling it back out at this stage...

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    yep you're right, that part goes back on the stock dump. I took the spiral clip off the heatshield and used an existing screw on the firewall to screw that spiral bit back on. that way you can still keep the o2 wire off the hot parts
    Ah yep thought so, good idea thanks.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48