User Tag List

Thread: ultra gauge problem

1. Angry ultra gauge problem

just recieved my ultra gauge today was setting it up then scrolling throught the gauge pages then it stuffed up here is a link -
    any help and advice much apreciated
    IMG 1137 - YouTube

id email ultra gauge and tell them as mine has never done that and ive had it for 6mths now and ive unplugged it heaps to hide wires ect, also my one only 'finds' 60 gauges not 61 like yours ??

sorry i couldnt be more helpful

3. Default

ye thnks i dont know whats goin on with it i think i added a gauge when i ws goin through the settings now it just does this. very anoying as i only just got it today aswell

did you fuse the gauge??? if not your warranty will be void, cause that looks like a power surge or short after effects

5. Default

fuse the gauge how? i didnt even own it for 30 mins and it did this, typical made in china crap

If you tried remove a gauge from a zone or try the restore function

There is a bug in the UltraGauge EM 1.2 which will result in a garbled display when the current page is changed. Typically this happens when changing the page to page 6 or 7. Once garbled, UltraGauge will then reboot after ~16 seconds. At this point UltraGauge will continue to reboot every ~16 seconds.

To restore UltraGauge, please follow the procedure below.

The bug is caused by unassigning a gauge. For example, if RPM is assigned to zone 1, and this assignment is removed by changing the zone for RPM to blank, the display will become garbled next time the page is changed.
    Avoid this issue by not individually unassigning gauges.
    Please note that it is not necessary to first unassign a zone before assigning a new gauge to that zone.
    For example, If Zone 1 is set to RPM, but you would like zone 1 assigned to MPH, simply assign MPH to zone 1. This will automatically unassign RPM, without issue.
    If you would like to leave zones unassigned to make the display less populated with gauges, considering changing the gauge display format to display 4 gauges instead of 6.

If you must unassign a gauge, the "Unassign All Gauges" command can be used. This will unassign all gauges on all pages and then new page/zone/gauge assignments can be made.
    MENU --> Gauge/Page Menu .. --> Select Gauge/Page --> Unassign All Gauges

Restoring a garbled display:
    1. Unplug UltraGauge
    2. Set the ignition to the RUN position
    3. Press and hold the MENU key.
    4. Plug in UltraGauge.
    5. Wait 5 seconds, Release the MENU key. The MENU system will start.
    6. Select UltraGauge Setup.. --> Restore ALL Defaults.

You will then be prompted to confirm. Once confirmed UltraGauge will reboot and begin Scanning for the interface and protocol used. Once found UltraGauge will begin Gauge discovery.
    The down side of a global reset is that it will erase any configuration and calibration previously performed.

7. Default

yep i tryed to change gauge nd it resullted to tht , thnks shneski ill give it a shot tomorrow