User Tag List

Thread: 2006 hatch boot light

Default 2006 hatch boot light

Hey everyone, long time lurker here, and small time poster.
    Has anyone got any ideas on updating the light that is currently inside my 2006 mps3 boot compartment? Im thinking LED, but I only want it to come on when the hatch is opened.
    Has anyone here actually installed something different?
    Cheers, Mick.

Dunno how the 3 is but I thought it only comes on when the boot is open?
    I have replaced all my interior, exterior globes to LEDs.. For the boot I think I have a 8 or 12 led and it still doesnt put much light out because of how the connector is positioned. Obviously would be different in the 3...
    Changing all the interior lights to white leds looks a million times better, turning on the reading lights is like daytime lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Dunno how the 3 is but I thought it only comes on when the boot is open?
    No, Its only got a small light with switch on the side close to the petrol cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I have replaced all my interior, exterior globes to LEDs.. For the boot I think I have a 8 or 12 led and it still doesnt put much light out because of how the connector is positioned. Obviously would be different in the 3...
    Changing all the interior lights to white leds looks a million times better, turning on the reading lights is like daytime lol
    Did you just buy these from ebay? I was really hoping to get something like a small LED rope or something and run it across the underside of the parcel shelf. But want it to come on when the hatch is open only, as finding the light switch in the dark is a pain in the a$$!

Ah ok... Yep I bought all mine off ebay, havent had an issue with them.

the boot light only comes on when the boot is open.

if it stay on when the boot is closed, then the switch in the locking mech is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    the boot light only comes on when the boot is open.
    My boot light is going out when the hatch is closed. What I meant is I would like to install a LED light on the underside of the parcel shelf, that comes on automatically when the hatch door is opened. Whether or not it is wired to the existing boot light or by another means.

Just wiretap the wiring loom that goes into the light on the side - those led ropes would be fine - I've done this before on another car - the only issue is getting them to stay stuck upside down - I found an extra layer of quality double sided tape fixed it.