User Tag List

Thread: Taking off side mirrors??

Default Taking off side mirrors??

Hi just wondering if anyone here taken off their mirrors on the side and how to ?? Just trying to pry the mirror but too scared to break it, thanks
    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

have to get the inner plastic off about the door trim and 2 screws under it .

Is that the one with the tweeter? Just wanna take off the part which have the body color. Wanna paint them black.

thats the one.

Is there any chance that I can take out just the mirror without taking the whole side mirror off from the car? Thanks

Use a black vinyl wrap instead.

It's cheaper, easy to fix if scratched or knocked with stones, and can be removed when selling.

Go the next step and get carbon wrap.

Or on eBay, they sell hard plastic black shells that fit over the forward side of the mirror.

7. Default

Just grab the edge of the cover on the window side and just lightly pull on it. It should slowly pop off without damaging it. If you do it slowly and take your time, should come off with no issues.

Tried to put di-noc carbon fiber ones but next day when I parked outside it started to peel from the edges. The problem is I think I have to use such as prep chem and primer adhesive on concave areas that's why it peels off. I was thinkin where to buy them. Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBOOST View Post
    Just grab the edge of the cover on the window side and just lightly pull on it. It should slowly pop off without damaging it. If you do it slowly and take your time, should come off with no issues.
    I'm trying this weekend cheers for the advice

the mirors sit on 3 ball-joind pivot points, can pop them off easily but it is daunting.
    the backs of the mirrors can be popped out from the inside, theres like 4 tabs that hold it on.
    I think ive got picture instructions somewhere, ill see if i can find them.

Default Re: Taking off side mirrors??

Quote Originally Posted by Dices View Post
    the mirors sit on 3 ball-joind pivot points, can pop them off easily but it is daunting.
    the backs of the mirrors can be popped out from the inside, theres like 4 tabs that hold it on.
    I think ive got picture instructions somewhere, ill see if i can find them.
    Thanks dices, that's gonna help me a lot if u can find the instruction. I can take off the whole side mirrors easy but I need the technique how to pop the mirrors from the housing? Really appreciated:thumbup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	17070

Here is one from a gen 2. It has 3 tabs that hold it in place. This one is from the drivers side I am pretty sure. I just used a screw driver and covered it with a rag and went around the edges slowly pulling it up. started from bottom left in picture working clockwise.

13. Default

Like to see how that goes about to do this myself

It took me a while to figure it out, but was simple once I had it sussed. Just didn't want to break anything! Plasti dipped the mirrors. Looks good!