User Tag List

Thread: Cobb AP LC and FFS??

Default Cobb AP LC and FFS??

Had a quick look in the cobb AP threads but couldnt quite narrow down the answer.

Only got my AP yesterday, already loaded my maps, got the AccesTuner this morning from Cobb and just cant decide on what settings to use for the LC and FFS?
    Anyone trying or used a good RPM for LC and how does the FFS engage? over the set RPM and at that RPM?

I was thinking LC at 5000rpm and FFS 5500rpm?

FFS engages 5500rpm-rev limit, that's what mine's set at
    LC, 5000 is too high, ~2700 is pretty good, else you'll just burn rubber (find it rather useless anyways)

you tried the FFS? i'd be a touch nervous the first time trusting it.
    Figured that a high rpm for the LC would just shred tires but was quietly hoping for a happy spot in mid rpm range. Why do you find it useless? better launch with a slight slip of the clutch or just makes the TC go nuts?

yeah, tried FFS, it's weird... takes a bit of getting used to, really have to fight the urge to lift
    LC... it seems more like unless you have drag slicks, once limiters are off, flooring it in 1st is pointless

yeah thats going to the biggest thing, just trusting that it works

hahaha pretty much, figured it comes with the AP may as well try it at least once for shits and giggles. Cant imagine how long everything would last using it often

on a side note, as soon as you load the new map all limitations are off in 1st and 2nd aren't they?

I have FFS at 5500 and LC at 2800 which is perfect for my car. I launch with T/C (DSC) on - tried it without and it was just a smoke show in the first two gears.

Tried LC at 3000 with TC on, and it just bogs down as the T/C (DSC) has a sh1t-fit and cuts all useable power. Finding your exact sweet spot just takes a bit of experimentation on a quiet road because every car will be different, even based on tyres alone.

but TBH, as has been said, LC is a wank. If you do it on the street at a set of lights, people next to you will just look at you like you're a nunce, and then when you take off in a haze of smoke and fuel, they'll KNOW you are a nunce. And then report you.

FFS on the other hand is pretty damn cool. I have only used it a handful of times, because lets be honest, who drives like that often? But when i do, it's awesome - car can't be any faster.

I don't think it's too rough on the car, you've just got to trust it. I generally don't use it first to second because it feels a bit abusive, but every gear after that it's just BAM - BAM - BAM.

I got mine set at :LC 4100RPM
    FFC: 5400 with dsc off
    Did 0-100 in 5.9(best I could achieve)

there an easier way to adjust than going into AccessTuner all the time?

Pretty much when its set, you just, clutch in and press the loud the pedal?

I saw this video on YouTube guy was adjusting FFC n LC on AP itself but I don't get that option to change settings on my AP. please help

saw that one too, why i asked but if its the same one then its the AP for Subaru

Yeh it's the Subaru one I think but there should be option on AP tired of using access tuner all the time

Tried out the FFS on the way to work, bit scary to try at WOT in 3rd but pretty impressive. Over all very happy with how the AP just changes the car

I tried LC today on the way to work doing the ole sneak down the merging lane... the guy in the ute next to me was looking at me like wtf when my car's going revving like it's valve bouncin at 2500rpm haha

haven't been game to try the flat shifting yet though, way to many cops around atm...