User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2012 MPS owner in the Hills, Sydney

1. Default New 2012 MPS owner in the Hills, Sydney

Hey guys
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Abe, just about to receive my black BL series 2 MPS this Sunday.

I can't wait. I'd originally ordered a Toyota 86 but after toyota changing its mind on the spare tyre and the 15 month wait, I decided to go for a test drive on the new MPS and instantly bought it.

Previous cars have been a commodore, skyline r33 m spec, and before that a prelude vti-r.

I'll be lurking through these forums heaps and hopefully meeting up with some of you on cruises etc.

Can't wait till Sunday!!!
    :: MAZDA3 MPS 2012 :: TUNEHOUSE SPEC C PERFORMANCE KIT ::

Welcome to the club Abe!

Hope you really enjoy your new MPS. Let the mods begin..

Oh, and post some pics for us.

Tom

Good choice Abe, had mine for about 2 months and loving it, a couple of basic mods really bring these cars to life, I'm not far from you and will keep you updated about meets and cruises! Enjoy!

Welcome mate!

I remember when I was counting down the days until I picked up the MPS as well so I understand the pain of anticipation

Congrats on the purchase!

5. Default

Thanks guys, and Robmps I'm looking forward to it mate!

hope you enjoy the MPS, you'll have fun keeping it clean

Hey another hills person like me Welcome to the forum !

Welcome Abe

9. Default

Thanks gents! Delivery has been brought forward to Saturday !!!

Quote Originally Posted by akqrate View Post
    Thanks gents! Delivery has been brought forward to Saturday !!!
    I haven't seen any other black MPSes driving around the hills. Where roughly are you located ?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13592

Here is one link, we will be heading to the Entrance in a few weeks.

Welcome to the forums mate, hope the car is all you want it to be. They truly are an awesome car

Hi and Welcome

Congrats on the MPS bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    had mine for about 2 months and loving it, a couple of basic mods really bring these cars to life
    Hi Robmps, I know it may be covered elsewhere on this site, but could you please outline the basic mods you are referring to?
    There are so many things that can be done and I'm wondering where to start.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hypersven View Post
    Hi Robmps, I know it may be covered elsewhere on this site, but could you please outline the basic mods you are referring to?
    There are so many things that can be done and I'm wondering where to start.
    Cheers
    Basic mods, I personally changed the stock air box out and the Turbo Inlet Pipe (TIP) this gives you greater air induction allowing for a slightly faster turbo spool and great sound too. I also changed the standard By Pass Valve to a Hybrid Blow off Valve, no performance gain but gives you that whoosh noise that I personally like! A couple of other Mods coming shortly, I've only had the car a couple of months and as its new I'm choosing carefully. Happy to meet if you want to see personally.
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

A few other basic mod suggestions to to what Robmps has already added. Consider the following -

Short shift plate - reduces the throw of the shift stick considerably. Cheap and very effective. Recommend to change stock shifter weight as well.

Rear engine mount - reduces engine movement and transfers more of the engine power directly to the road during spirited driving. Also makes you feel much more connected to the car as engine vibrations (not harsh) are transferred through the steering column to the steering wheel.

^ agreed, REM on order and is a great cheap mod!

SSP I'm still not convinced only because when you feel my gears they feel short, have had comments from other members too, might just be a 2012 thing not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    ^ agreed, REM on order and is a great cheap mod!

SSP I'm still not convinced only because when you feel my gears they feel short, have had comments from other members too, might just be a 2012 thing not sure.
    Haven't tried the 2012 gear box as mine is a 2010. One thing I did notice though - SSP with the stock shift weight is horrible. Very clunky. But with a reduced shift weight (I have the Sure weight) the feel is excellent.

I also changed the knob to a Sure AGS Stainless steel one. Now the shift for me at least is perfect.

Once you get use to the power, yes you will even though with the MPS is a couple of months old you may be saying its enough eventually you will be wanting more. I call it Turbo Addiction

Then tuning options like the Hypertech or Cobb AccessPort will start to look good And by this time you will be totally sucked into the mod bug.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Haven't tried the 2012 gear box as mine is a 2010. One thing I did notice though - SSP with the stock shift weight is horrible. Very clunky. But with a reduced shift weight (I have the Sure weight) the feel is excellent.

I also changed the knob to a Sure AGS Stainless steel one. Now the shift for me at least is perfect.

Once you get use to the power, yes you will even though with the MPS is a couple of months old you may be saying its enough eventually you will be wanting more. I call it Turbo Addiction

Then tuning options like the Hypertech or Cobb AccessPort will start to look good And by this time you will be totally sucked into the mod bug.
    We will have to meet so I can check out your gearbox if you don't mind.

Yeah mod bug got me from day one, SRI & TIP were changed out at 450km only, and BOV just after the 1000 service, now REM next TMIC upgrade, then HPFP, DP and ECutek tune, all before the 10k service if things go my way

Sorry to hijack your thread Abe... Off topic!
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast