User Tag List

Thread: Autotech Fuel Pump Kit Warning

Default Autotech Fuel Pump Kit Warning

Just received my Autotech Fuel Pump Kit with a Warning & do not break seal on this box until you read the important info. Basically it states that the intake camshaft lobe may wear prematurely due to the added pressure on the lobe. Both Audi & VW have issued a TSB regarding abnormal camshaft wear & failure & to replace the camshaft for new & improved version. My question is has anyone experienced this & is there a new camshaft for us. When I organise the fuel pump kit to be fitted I will get the lobe checked for any wear.
    MPS3 Gen 1. CPE CAI,HTP 3"TIP, Koni FSD, Whiteline RSB, Denso ITV22, CPE DP with 100cell hi flow CAT, Cobb AP, Autotek HPFP internals, ETS top mount intercooler, Anti lift kit, JBR REM 88a, EGR delete, Perm Plate/2 catch cans, GTX2860R, 3barMAP sensor, OS Giken LSD,SP63 pistons 9.5:1,Manley H Beam Rods 22.5mm, Clevite Main Bearings+Rod Bearings,ARP2000 Main Studs,ARP L19 Head Studs

Many of the members here have aftermarket pumps and done for some time and without issue. Maybe some one can pull theirs off and inspect the lobes

Apparently this does not apply to us, only the VW and Audi. @Axspeed6

That's good to know. Thx

How can this be.... the spring is standard and thus gives no extra load on cam lobe, as its the spring that govens the load on cam!

Increased volume to maintain pressure = more pressure at contact point of bucket on cam
    Prob not to much to worry about, has a broad contact. More likely to have issue from incorrectly tuned pump/fuel system effecting that mechanical relationship between cam lobe and bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    How can this be.... the spring is standard and thus gives no extra load on cam lobe, as its the spring that govens the load on cam!
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 06-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

There is a big disclaimer on the box for a reason, to rid them of liability.

yep our cam inlet cam has already had the hardening process on the fuel pump lobe unlike the VW and Audi's, the one thing that mazda did think about

had the pump from alpha testing the ap to now with no issues. main issues i have had is high boost air temps and knocking from poorly installed FMIC. but all thats fixed and car is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    had the pump from alpha testing the ap to now with no issues. main issues i have had is high boost air temps and knocking from poorly installed FMIC. but all thats fixed and car is a monster.

You helped install the FMIC.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You helped install the FMIC.
    HAHAHA, so was that the problem?
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar