User Tag List

Thread: Sri fitted

Default Sri fitted

Just fitted up my Sri last night, looks awesome and sounds cool.

Big to 2xs for looking after me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1344208559754.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	11879  

Hi

Notice any difference in performance? I'm thinking of getting the k&n typhoon but heard sri's/cai's can make your car run lean/rich because the maf sensor gets incorrect readings if not tuned. I really love the turbo spool noise and my bone stick Mps need this mod lol

a @2XS SRI is very close to stock diameter (+/- 1mm i think), so your car shouldnt run lean

Haven't noticed any huge changes yet, but could be pulling a bit harder. I will see how it gos over then next couple of days

Sri is good but without a flash tune you won't be able to take advantage of the increased air flow.

If you're starting down the mod path a Hypertech flash tune (im selling mine soon ) is a good start and takes advantage of an SRI amongst other noticeable gains.

Just as an eoi, how much? Easy install?

I better follow the rules and it put on the buy and sell section.

Was going to do this last night but didn't get a chance and now I'm on a mobile phone away from my pc.

The post with details will be up in a couple of hours.

It's a very easy install. Plug and play.

+1 for the hypertech....car feels awesome now

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    Just as an eoi, how much? Easy install?

Link to my forsale thread just posted is here - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...rgy-sport.html
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Cobb AP is where it's at DIY tuning.
    Everything else is below par.

As for the SRI, it's not my own brand, it's a used PG one I had removed from a customers car for one of mine.

I was just about to ask about that.

Cobb ap vs. Hypertech

What's the diff?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    I was just about to ask about that.

Cobb ap vs. Hypertech

What's the diff?

HT is a loan based tune
    Cobb AP is a "hybrid" of load and boost, but it gives you access to a program that allows you to tune the car yourself, and can also get e-tunes done.

Once you do the dump pipe, AP > HT for basic tune (IMO)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'm not quiet there yet with the DP, CBE + Fuel pump, but looking to extend my mod list hence the change from Hyperteck to COBB AP.

If you don't have any tune at the moment, the Hypertech is a real kick in the pants especially with the restrictions removed in 1st and 2nd gear. You won't know yourself. Just ask anyone who had the Hypertech to begin with.

The COBB AP (IMO) takes it to the next level (at a considerable cost of course) and opens up the future (expensive ) mod list, but gives you the flexibility to do so.

I was very happy with the Hypertech and in my opinion the 'kick-in-the-pants' in 1st and 2nd is still little more wild than the COBB AP, but I've been bitten by the mod-bug so decided it was time to head down AP path.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Mmm both sound very interesting, I think I may go the ap myself just coz I will be following the same mod path soon ( fmic, dp, hpfp) and the tune freedom is there the ap. And I would has to get one anyway.