Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hid

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    you mean without?
    Yes "With-out"
    Edited, thanks @projectrracing :lol:

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I got some 6000 HID bulbs to change over in my GenII Lux to match my LEDs as the OEM go a bit yellow after about 15mins, but I have no idea how to install them

Do you have to remove the whole headlight?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Slixx, did you manage to install HIDs on your MPS?

I installed mine last night and i had to take off the whole front bumper and headlights to get to the ballast for the Gen 1 MPS3. There's just not enough room in the engine bay to unplug it.

But then again I decided to do it this way because I was installing HIDs for the foglights too and had to find a place to mount the ballast. lol

Default Hid

Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    Slixx, did you manage to install HIDs on your MPS?

I installed mine last night and i had to take off the whole front bumper and headlights to get to the ballast for the Gen 1 MPS3. There's just not enough room in the engine bay to unplug it.

But then again I decided to do it this way because I was installing HIDs for the foglights too and had to find a place to mount the ballast. lol
    @akira I haven't yet. I'm just not game enough to rip everything apart by myself. Maybe soon though

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

4. Default

@akira I haven't yet. I'm just not game enough to rip everything apart by myself. Maybe soon though

Peter "SLIXX"
    Its pretty easy. the only annoying thing is i had to take off about 20 bolts in order to get the front bumper off. Ill take some pics when i get a chance...

pete.

I got some 6000 HID bulbs to change over in my GenII Lux to match my LEDs as the OEM go a bit yellow after about 15mins, but I have no idea how to install them

Do you have to remove the whole headlight?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Hey Pete @slixx , are your replacement headlight bulbs Philips D2S 6000K. Can I ask what you paid and where you purchased them from. Assuming you have had them in for a while, so wondering how reliable you have found them? Cheers in advance!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Pretty sure genuine phillips bulbs range in the hundreds per bulb.
    I have had my 6000k hid bulbs for over a year no issues, I believe they were these or something similar Amazon.com: One Pair (2) D2C D2R D2S 6000K Xenon HID Diamond-White Bulbs 35W: Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Hey Pete @slixx , are your replacement headlight bulbs Philips D2S 6000K. Can I ask what you paid and where you purchased them from. Assuming you have had them in for a while, so wondering how reliable you have found them? Cheers in advance!
    Hey mate. No they are not. I heard they are awesome bulbs though, but couldn't justify the cost

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I have had my 6000k hid bulbs for over a year no issues, I believe they were these or something similar Amazon.com: One Pair (2) D2C D2R D2S 6000K Xenon HID Diamond-White Bulbs 35W: Automotive
    As @dazza mentioned, they are expensive, best price I saw was in eBay for $500 for the pair, but there is plenty of scams, so be wary

Not sure what brand mine are, but they cost me $60 at CarX in Clayton

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Hey mate. No they are not. I heard they are awesome bulbs though, but couldn't justify the cost

As @dazza mentioned, they are expensive, best price I saw was in eBay for $500 for the pair, but there is plenty of scams, so be wary

Not sure what brand mine are, but they cost me $60 at CarX in Clayton

Peter "SLIXX"
    hmmm don't think i'll be getting Philips now , so your "better value" ones have been reliable?
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Pretty sure genuine phillips bulbs range in the hundreds per bulb.
    Thanks Daz, good to know your's have lasted ok. Ebay is f**cking confusing, I see sets advertised as "Philips Brand" anywhere from $40 per set upto $200- per bulb and every pricepoint in between. I think Pete hit the nail on the head when he said scams on Ebay.

hmmm don't think i'll be getting Philips now , so your "better value" ones have been reliable?
    Yeah they have been great. No hassles at all

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Highly doubt they are genuine

Highly doubt they are genuine
    Yeah kinda figured that, but for $99 bucks they would have to be ok...hopefully.

Seriously the $10 ones will be just as good, as I said no reliability issues over a year now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously the $10 ones will be just as good, as I said no reliability issues over a year now.

yeah, I'll take your advice on that one, thanks mate. Btw your taillights look awesome, what did you do to them... Like are they full aftermarket assemblies? Really nice!

yeah, I'll take your advice on that one, thanks mate. Btw your taillights look awesome, what did you do to them... Like are they full aftermarket assemblies? Really nice!
    they are the car-led tails from f4dlighting full aftermarket led tails
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123