User Tag List

Thread: First official Mazda6 wagon pic revealed as plant comes online

Default First official Mazda6 wagon pic revealed as plant comes online

Filed under: Wagon, Japan, Plants/Manufacturing, Mazda, Misc. Auto Shows

Mazda has officially kicked off production of the 2014 Mazda6 at its Hofu No. 2 plant in Japan's Yamaguchi prefecture. The car in the photo above is a European-spec Mazda6 wagon, equipped with the automaker's 2.0-liter Skyactiv-G gasoline inline-four, and it's the first undisguised look we have at the rakish estate.

The 2014 Mazda6 will be seen for the first time at the Moscow Motor Show in August, and the rest of the world will get their first glimpse at market-specific models during September's Paris Motor Show festivities. The third-generation Mazda6 will go on sale in Europe and Japan before the end of the year, while North American cars will start hitting dealerships sometime in early 2013.

Mazda plans to produce approximately 120,000 units of the Mazda6 annually at Hofu. 2012 marks the 10th anniversary of Mazda6 production there, with the original car (the official 626 replacement) first rolling off the line in 2002.

To review, Mazda will also offer the new mid-sizer with its Skyactiv-D diesel engine in other markets (and possibly the U.S.), and the car will be the first to use the automaker's new i-ELOOP regenerative braking technology. We'll have all the official details later this month.Continue reading First official Mazda6 wagon pic revealed as plant comes online
    First official Mazda6 wagon pic revealed as plant comes online originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Looks like a cross between an rx-8 (nose) and a flat CX-7/9 from a pillar back.

I think it is a pretty good looking car (considering it is boring family car), I am dreaming of an MPS version but I think we are just going to get the economy and reliable versions for family's