User Tag List

Thread: High km/h low RPM cruise control stutter?

Default High km/h low RPM cruise control stutter?

Just wondering if anyone in a GEN I has had this issue before?
    Driving along the highway yesterday in 6th at low revs an cruise control on I felt the car shudder for a split second then continued on, this happened twice more to me both with cruise control on once in 6th and once in 5th both at low revs and relatively low speed (90-110 or there abouts)

Anyone heard of this or had this before?

my six does this its because of the bov starting to flutter on mine does it all the time at throttle lift off in 5th and 6th

No throttle lift off, well I guess cruise control does this automatically for us.
    I just remember ages ago reason something about slight shudders and the connection to blown engine
    Got a little worried...

it could be your gearbox to as mine is stuffed and it doesn't stutter if a push the clutch in just if its in gear, didn't stutter when i got it either but after a while it started then the gearbox noise came , try replicate it go somewhere you can do 100kmh and gently push the accelerator, if you have a boost gauge with vac it will be great for this, to the engine just starts to build boost or just under boost in the vacuum scale and it should do it if you cant get it to do then is just a cruze fault

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

shudders will eventually blow your motor and box
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Hrm I have shudders when in 1st and 2nd gear, sounds like something similar :S am i F**ked? im worried now

if you guys had a 6 i could lend you my solid trans mount, good for hearing gearbox noise as it makes all the noises resonate through the car and you can hear it plain as day in the cabin if its crunchy or rattling, mine's not crunchy so i havent blown any gears or chipped teeth but i can hear my input shaft rattling like a maraca due to the bearings being shot

It was almost like it was missing and only for the split second.
    I turned cruise off and drove along normally but couldn't replicate it maybe I'll go for a drive tonight and data log the whole drive and see if I can get it to happen again..

it def not your box or engine, might be cobb problem interfering with the cruise control???? @SarcasticOne

At first I was inclined to say it sounds exactly like the well-known stutter which has had pages and pages of discussion since it began occuring after the 'power loss' TSB was uploaded via MMDS in 2006. It's now well established that the stutter, which can occur on gear change and also on high-load low-rpm situations as you describe, is caused by OEM PCM software.

However I notice you're running AP.

After chasing this pesky problem for five years including replacing many harware components I eventually resolved it with Versatune which has a specific feature for eliminating the stutter. Does AP have similar code to address the notorious stutter?

Gone to Volvo

I have no idea.
    Have never felt this issue before untill Monday when going fo a drive to the coast.
    I will have to do some more research and see where I end up.

thats why i have decided to go with versatune rather then cobb