User Tag List

Thread: Please help

Default Please help

I own a Mps 6. It is now approaching the third week since developing a starting problem. It occurs only during the cool down period. About 1 hour after driving. The engine cranks over but wont stsrt. It will usually start on the 2nd or third go. Cold and hot start is fine. The car runs rough and has a continous light misfire. Have cleaned air flow meter throttle body and replaced o2 sensor. The only mods are fujita cai dual port bov and secondary catalytic coverter has been deleted.
    I am with vodafone. if anyone could be kind enough to share their knowledge on this matter. my number is 0414960877. Thank you

1 - where in sydney are you? do you have a scan tool?
    2 - check for boost/vac leaks, usual suspect is the joiner between TMIC and Turbo
    3 - check plugs, how many kays are on the car?

I had exactly the same problem about a week ago, took it to my mechanic who noticed a few loose clamps. One was my BoV hose, the second my turbo inlet pipe. While it was in we went ahead and changed the fuel filter which looked like shit when pulled out.

I'd advise to check all hoses, clamps and bolts. A small crack, a loose hose or clamp is all it takes to make your ride feel like dog turd.

After replacing, tightening and pressure testing, she's up and running better than before.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Chuckie Cheese; 30-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

There is 99000kms on the car. Ran a scan today. No faults came up. I live in the Epping area.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

The plugs are iridiums non platinum. 5000kms old.