User Tag List

Thread: What Mazda 6 MPS did i buy?

1. Default What Mazda 6 MPS did i buy?

Hi Guys

Looks like i brought a mazda 6 MPS and its on its way from japan currently. Was wondering if anyone knew how to read the japan auction sheets and would like to translate mine so i know what ive brought haha.

I mainly want to know if its a Grand Touring or a Sport model.

(Originally scheduled to be launched in June 2005, the Mazdaspeed Atenza was delayed until November. In North America, the Mazdaspeed6 comes in two trim levels; the "Sport" trim with cloth interior and standard key entry and ignition; and the "Grand Touring" trim with leather interior, keyless entry/ignition, and an optional DVD navigation. Automatic climate control is standard, as is a 200 W Bose stereo system featuring seven speakers and a 9-inch subwoofer in addition to an in-dash six-disc CD changer. A sunroof with moonroof feature is optional on the Grand Touring trim.)

photos attached i think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38862i.gif 
Views:	214 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	11791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38862f.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	11792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38862b.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	11793  

lack of headlight washers makes me thing it's the base model, but got friends who know japanese checking...

Is this a personal import? Or a track only car?

I am surprised you can bring this in given there was an equivalent sold domestically....usually that's the black and white rule.

Auction sheet suggests a grade of 4B - which is pretty good. 5 being brand new condition.

If you google, there are translations available.

4. Default

Its a personal import.

I live in New Zealand so we can import the shit out of anything that meets our frontal impact laws. So what does base model mean? Sport?

no luxury leather pack or sun roof, look at my pic's on my profile and you'll see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by dropped View Post
    Its a personal import.

I live in New Zealand so we can import the shit out of anything that meets our frontal impact laws. So what does base model mean? Sport?

Ah yep that explains it!

Lucky buggers - grey imports galore and cars so cheap there - you guys get a 'sweet as deal, ay bro!'

According to Japanese gurus at work, top right says "base grade"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. Default

Yip lucky seen as thats under 14 AUD

So base model thats no leather no sun roof? anything else i dont get?

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

what are the options that are circled above the picture of the car

But you did get a rear wiper by the looks of the Photos...

always handy and I wish that I had a rear wiper.

Nice, wish we could import more easily here in Oz. If you don't mind me asking, how much will it end up costing you all up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

11. Default

Yip sure it will cost 14k aud

Nice, gotta be happy with that.

14k is a grouse deal.
    Importing to Aus = Fail.
    Me wonders if you can import to NZ then -> Aus?

Congrats and enjoy

14. Default

i think you can. But you will have to have owned it for two years before you can ship it to aussie.

You also have to have to be an Australian citizen who has lived in Japan for 12 months immediately preceding the import.... So it's hardly worth it!

16. Default

What cause this car to not go into gear?

Quote Originally Posted by dropped View Post
    What cause this car to not go into gear?
    Thats a very broad question. Does it not go into gear smoothly?
    Look into getting an aftermarket engine mount, upgrade your shifter bushings etc. Pretty much all mounts on the 6 affect shift performance.
    Its partly just how our gearbox is, you have to get used to shifting with it.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

18. Default

It has come off the boat today and does not go into gear unless you rev the motor slightly. other wise it does not seem happy to engage.