User Tag List

Thread: Detailers Course

Default Detailers Course

Last edited by MATMPS; 24-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Hi Mat,

A good place to start is to sign up to a detailing forum and have a look around. The one I'm involved with is Detail Paradise, which is Aussie based (Detail Paradise - Australian Detailing Forum & Community). I'd highly recommend you sign up if you've got the detailing bug . On that site OCD is the standard rather than the exception

It's a good community with a mix of pro detailers and enthusiasts. There is also info on detailing courses that some of our suppliers run in various states.

Car detailing is often much more complex than many suspect. There are also a plethora of products and tools out there, some great, some not so great.

Meguiars for example, make some reasonable products, but most of their products are aimed at the retail/consumer market, so not ideal for too much beyond basic car care. The same can be said for Mothers products. They're great for the consumer who wants a little more than a simple car wash, but they're not difficult to outgrow once you really start getting into detailing and expecting better results. There are one or two exceptions to this in their range, but I'm talking generally here. That's not an indictment on either brand. It's more just understanding the market they're pitching towards and their limitations therein.

Hope this helps

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Whow, thats awesome information. Thanks heaps, I really appreciate it.

I detailed a friends car using Meguiars Polish, followed by Wax after and it made the car white again after the paint had turned yellow and was smooth, shiny, and reflective.

Will be sure to jump on that forum as soon as i get home. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Happy to help

There are some guys operating at a pretty impressive level in that forum. It's worth having a look around in the Show and Shine section as well as some of the Pro Detailers individual sections. Guys like Elite Finish, Reflect Effect, Superior Shine, and Custom Car Care Wagga are some of the best in the country at this game. Not to mention the fact they work on some pretty damned cool cars.

Cam's a great guy and a hell of a detailer ^

I wish I could get my MPS to him. I'm constantly seeing his work on facebook, extremely impressive.