User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP - Gen 2 - Stage 1/2 Feedbacks?

Default AP - Gen 2 - Stage 1/2 Feedbacks?

Hi guys,

So after much of decision i bit the bullet and bought an AP. I'm still keen on Ecutek in the future but i think for now i want to see some logs and do a stage 2 generic tune off the shelf.

Just wondering if anyone is running an AP on a Gen 2- Any feedbacks? what stage you are running etc etc...

Any bugs that should be aware of with the generic tune or any custom maps through workshops that people can recommend.

Thanks!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Well - based on your mods in your sig you're right to run a stage 2 OTS map.

So just load up the 98 fuel map, and go for it!

You can add features in that you think you might use such as the Launch Control and Flat Foot Shift (which I think is awesome).

Beyond that though, unless you're a bit of a tuning guru yourself there isn't much more you can do safely beyond the OTS maps - you'd need to look at an e-tune as there aren't really any tuners in Oz who are tuning with this tool yet.

There is a forum sponsor here 'HPFP' who is doing e-tunes, but i think he's been a bit scattered....doesn't strike me with confidence.

For peace of mind, you can register on the Cobb forums and upload a data log and one of the Cobb guys will give it the once over to make sure you're running right.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post

For peace of mind, you can register on the Cobb forums and upload a data log and one of the Cobb guys will give it the once over to make sure you're running right.

Didn't know this was the case, interesting I'll have to log again and send a log over..
    All Things 2XS

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will have to get onto the forums @ Cobb for sure.

Anyone else running AP on Gen 2 thats happy to give helpful hints and tips?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Can anyone also confirm that the forum for Cobb is https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/forum.php

Is there a special Austrlian spec section??

Subbed Eddie, I'm hoping this will be the "Go To" page for AP and GENII's.

Hi Got the AP on my gen 2, Started with it for the alpha testing and still loving it, only running a stage one map with my own tweaks to it and loving it, on the weekend I will be putting in a Downpipe and then Ill be right to go the stage 2 map.

Have tried out the flat foot shifting and have launch control set, its great!

this would have to be the single greatest mod I have done to my car! If there is anything you would specificly like to know feel free to ask and Ill do my best to answer.
    Cheers.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

How hard is it to set up the Launch control and FFS @MPSDAN @jnt amd what have you got the Launch control RPM set at and the FFS also?
    Do you have to have the ATR to have all the launch control and FFS as I still haven't had time to get myself the ATR

You can set up both features via ATR, or there is a link in cobbs website that will allow you to upload your map, enter your required values, then it will prepare a revised nap for download.
    Check out @SarcasticOnes Cobb thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    Hi Got the AP on my gen 2, Started with it for the alpha testing and still loving it, only running a stage one map with my own tweaks to it and loving it, on the weekend I will be putting in a Downpipe and then Ill be right to go the stage 2 map.

Have tried out the flat foot shifting and have launch control set, its great!

this would have to be the single greatest mod I have done to my car! If there is anything you would specificly like to know feel free to ask and Ill do my best to answer.
    Cheers.
    Hey @jnt, is the new fuel pump internals, are they any noisier than stock? Any crazy whine? Are you going to run the 98 Stage 2 Map? Estimated torque/PWR figures?

Which DP? You're gonna love it once in.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey @jnt, is the new fuel pump internals, are they any noisier than stock? Any crazy whine? Are you going to run the 98 Stage 2 Map? Estimated torque/PWR figures?

Which DP? You're gonna love it once in.
    Hi Yeldarb, with the new HPFP internals I dont notice them to be any noisier than stock and there is no whine at all, I ended up going with the Cobb Downpipe. Dam the stock downpipe is an effort to get out, I started the instal today and will finish it tomorrow, I was lucky that both my O2 sensors came out ok, so far I have got the Cobb downpipe in, and am now replacing my exhaust hangers and will do the coolant mod to the throttle body then put the TMIC on and hopefully all will be fine

I will run the 98 stage 2 map and tweak it a little (as much as I feel safe) I would like to get about 200-210kw. and about 480-490nm I have a plan to get a FMIC on in the near future then will get an etune done to maximize my gains. Cheers.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Oh yeah, just noticed no IC mod, ok, your going FMIC. I'm wanting to try the Hyperflow TMIC, I wonder if they can e-tune with an Australian made TMIC, perhaps it's construction is similar to other US models...

Thanks for the info

Ok. So finally got my AP and currently running a stage 2 map 98.

Just got home, took a mate for a spin on the highway and on 5th gear hit abit of boost cut (for like split second...)

Anyone experienced this before?

I think I had boost cut last night, was from 1st to second I think, pretty violent threw me back in the seat for a second.. I'm going to regap my plugs and drive normal for a few kms before I paste it and do some logging

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I think I had boost cut last night, was from 1st to second I think, pretty violent threw me back in the seat for a second.. I'm going to regap my plugs and drive normal for a few kms before I paste it and do some logging
    Hmmm... ur also running a stage 2? problem is, i think you should do some logs on WOT to see if there is potentially any problem. Cause for me i wasnt getting anything on normal driving.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Hmmm... ur also running a stage 2? problem is, i think you should do some logs on WOT to see if there is potentially any problem. Cause for me i wasnt getting anything on normal driving.
    Yeah it is only on WOT, not during normal driving. To be honest I was expecting more from stage 1 -> 2, the first few gears pull harder but its not like it throws me back, maybe im just used to faster cars lol.
    Will put some logs up tonight.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

If you have problems please start a new thread.. This isn't the appropriate place to troubleshoot load/fuel/boost cut.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using crapatalk

So installed my AP. Currently running a stage 2 98 map. Car feels harder when it comes on boost. 1st and 2nd gear wheel just hops around lmao... but power can be felt pretty much all the way to 6000rpm.

I have some logs that i did doing 2 3rd gear WOT runs and 1 4th gear WOT run. Those interested please have a look and tell me what you think. Personally i think it's actually boosting higher than what it's suppose to.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I installed my Cobb AP a few months back and as my car was stock I loaded the Stage 1 98 Map

The difference was amazing and the power was instant and hesitation reduced

I recently installed a Sure Intake and TIP and loaded the Stage 1 Sure Intake v2 + TIH and the car seems run different. The power is still there albeit slightly reduced but the hesitation is increase and the car doesnt seem as responsive

1. How do I know if I have the Sure Intake v1 or v2?

2. Car I run the original Stage 1 98 map with the Sure Intake and TIP safely?

3. Is there anyone that can help with advice?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Hey Pete,

1. From MSF
    "Look at your intake, and at the plate where your MAF sensor is bolted to. If it says "Aeros" laser engraved on that plate next to the sensor, you have V2.

If not, you have V1."
    2. Maps are customized on maf diameter (and maybe air filter size? Not sure), not sure what the stock stage 1 98 sizes are maybe it is tuned more aggressive than the sure map. When I ran the wrong Sri map on my car it ran like crap. If you switch the map back and the logs appear normal I don't see a problem with it. Watch the stft and ltft, mine were retarded on the wrong map.

3. My experience was a little different, I noticed a difference when putting my sri/tip on in the fact that the power felt more linear throughout the range. Instead of such an aggressive hit I believe it smoothed it out across the whole rpm. All I can suggest is check you afr ratios and logs in ap and make sure it's all normal, then get an etune. Are you running colder spark plugs? Double check all hose clamps for leaks after sri/tip install, especially at turbo
    Last edited by dazza; 16-09-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Any chance this mod coincided with your new rims/tires , Pete?

I only ask because mine use to wheel spin like mad in first and second - put the bilstiens and springs in and it will break loose in first but not second - I put it down to the lack of weight transfer to the rear.

Gripper/heavier wheels and tires would probably have a similar effect making your bad appear less angry but probably just as quick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast