User Tag List

Thread: King Spring Dilemma

Default King Spring Dilemma

Ok, so I've spent a week searching these forums and can't find an answer one way or the other. I'm looking at getting some King springs for my MPS6.
    The ones I'm looking at are:

KMFL-25-SL - Fronts
    KMRL-26-SL - Rears

Now the problem I've got is that the KIngs catalogue shows a KMFL-25-HD for the MPS, but, I'm aware people have used the KMFL-25-SL in the MPS as the car these came out of was 'supposedly' an MPS6.
    The KMFL-25-SL are listed for the standard Mazda 6. What I'm wondering is, have any of you used or using the SL's in the front of your MPS6 and do you have pics so I can get an idea for myself of the difference.
    The other thing is, does it still handle ok with the SL's in the front.

Hopefully someone with more clout than me can help here.
    Cheers,
    Pinni

HD = heavy duty
    SL = super low

the mps 6 is 15-25mm lower than a regular 6. so if you put lows into it, it would come out the same height or close. so king suggests a HD for the front, and a SL for the rear. there is a thread on here about it somewhere cos it did happen to someone a while back.

otherwise contact king springs directly and ask them what they expect the lowering amount to be.

personally i wouldn't bother with king springs. it is alow of money to spend for a poofteth performance gain and 20-25mm lower ride height.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 28-07-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Cheers for your info PR. I let the springs go this time round. I'm not a great believer of King springs vastly increasing handling quality. I was more looking for just a little height drop to get rid of the 4wd spec look. Cheers for your help.
    Mat