User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Mazda Targa Tasmania mini-site launched

As far as I am aware all the MPS3's in Targa (past and present) run the Xede, Mazda just choose to retouch the Xede stickers off their publicity shots, for obvious reasons.
    The cars are tuned by SAS in Sydney.

2. Default

Does anyone have the specs on the 2 MPS's??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    l possibly pulling +220kW & +470Nm torque, and during Targa, it will be driven the hard way for sure!
    If I recall correctly, the xede tune was 225Kw 420 or 450Nm, as per the so-called MPS 3 "extreme" concept. I don't think the torque was as high as 470 - they were looking for more top end rather than mid-range I expect.

We should quiz them for some stats!

4. Default

Nice, well thats not bad really. With my beastie sitting on 206kW and 430Nm I'm happy so far, and the motor (as such) hasnt missed a beat.

I dont think I'd want any more than what I have tho.

Guys the MPS Targa cars have always run the Xede. Not sure on how this gets up considering the "Showroom" classification.

They can change -Rear Mufflers
    Safety gear
    Roll cage/Seats Etc
    Brake Pads

Once again not sure how the ecu changes fit, but oh well.

The Extreme MPS had 210kw and 425nm. I feel this car was based on targa experience and the targa car must be close to this spec.

Blog Entries

ECU changes are permitted in showroom category - go figure. An Xede is hardly "showroom"...

Blog Entries

First post updated with more info

8. Default

Just a question, do they run MX5's in the targa tasmania, wouldnt they handle on those roads like no tomorrow ?

Blog Entries

they used to run them and they worked unreal! The MX-5s are built for it

Blog Entries

I looked into it. You can 'lease' a Targa prepped MX-5 for $8,000 plus another $4,000 if you want a service team. Oh and if you're really lazy, another $1,500 for transport.

My goal is to compete in Targa before I'm 35...7 years to go!

Blog Entries

Good luck with that Rowan hope you get there, it would be unreal!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    I looked into it. You can 'lease' a Targa prepped MX-5 for $8,000 plus another $4,000 if you want a service team. Oh and if you're really lazy, another $1,500 for transport.

I wonder if you can lease a Targa prepped Evo IX?

Hey Rowie, I'll go you halves - you will need someone to share driving afterall

Blog Entries

Look forward to seeing the OZMPSClub Sticker on the car boys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post

ozMPSclub entry FTW!

Friday results are up and the RX8 SP has moved upto 7th and the 2 MPS are 2nd 3rd in their class

Mazda in Targa 2009 - Frontline Updates

Updates from the Mazda Targa Site

Mazda in Targa 2009

17. Default

Yet another 3MPS with turbo issues. Err 1st 2wd showroom doesn't seem like much to brag about. We beat a fiat and a mini (as well as a Mazda desel)

18. Default

I'm affraid its time for me to depart my MPS for something more reliable. I wish now I had never spent the mulah on the upgrades. I could have saved that 7k and spent it on an Evo X or STi Spec R....

MPS is going on Carsales tonight...

not everyone has had issues wardski but its a shame.....rex or evo I would rather catch a bus....my opinion

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    not everyone has had issues wardski but its a shame.....rex or evo I would rather catch a bus....my opinion
    TG, i think you've misunderstood my motives here. Its not that ive had issues (the ones I've had covered under warranty were quite minor compared to others in comparison - suspension & steering rack being the major ones - no blown turbo... yet), its what problems are looming that I dont know about, that might just suddenly happen....

Sure, both the Rex and Evo X don't look like much, but at least blown motors, turbos, suspension and steering is few and far between with this lot.. Mazda have also lost my vote in scouring the forums and "targetting" customers by flagging our cars as a concern for any warranty claims.

To be honest, (and while not trying to be too negative) I expected better from Mazda. The fact that they are so naive to their own mechanical faults (eg, they blew a turbo in Targa - who would have ever expected that!! !), maybe one day soon they will realise their enthusiast customer base that once saw Mazda as a company wanting to produce performance motor vehicles, has come to their senses and found them to be nothing more than a bunch of wannabe's and pretenders.

The close down of the AWD MPS6 range is another classic example. If they were serious, the 2010 MPS3 would have been AWD, and of course we're stuck with the old 2.3ltr MZR motor as well. What ever happened to progression? And that smiley grille? Thats nothing more than a Fk you for buying a POS...! (oops maybe too harsh)

To poke a stick in ones eye, you'd be crazy not to look at the MPS in terms of reliability. If you buy a performance vehicle, you'd expect it to be able to handle even the most basic of mods such as TBE and CAI without causing any grief.. This leaves me to ponder, is the so called brand "MPS" so far away from the likes of WRX & Lancer Rallyart (both of which begs to be properly opened up...)?? I'd have to say, yes.

And a parting note, you might rather catch a bus instead of buying an evo or Sti, but buying an MPS might leave you on the side of the road in a blown mess, forcing you to catch a bus rather than choosing to do so in the first place..
    Last edited by Wardski; 06-05-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast