User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P1040 Cel Help.

Default P1040 Cel Help.

Interesting one , P0101
    Description reads ( MAF circuit range , performance issue)
    Workshop manual lists poss causes ( contact points both Maf sensor and ECU).

Cleaned maf sensor ,retightened and checked all recirculation hoses etc.
    Only came to light since Sydney to Sunshine Coast trip????
    Any thoughts or similar cels guys!
    Last edited by Oldhead; 28-07-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Incorrect code typed originally

Have you cleared it? and did it some back again?

What are you using to read the code with? I have had some pieces of software read certain codes incorrectly for me before.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Have you cleared it? and did it some back again?
    Yes the prick returned .

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    What are you using to read the code with? I have had some pieces of software read certain codes incorrectly for me before.
    Dashawk Reedy and yes i wondered that !!
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

could be an injector too, maybe you got some dirty fuel on your way up there and its semi blocked a injector

This is a code my gen1 gets, its not reading the airflow. Have you rang Jim yet? Sound like a maf caculation or maybe a faulty maf?.... how does the car run?

Id ring jim and ask

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    This is a code my gen1 gets, its not reading the airflow. Have you rang Jim yet? Sound like a maf caculation or maybe a faulty maf?.... how does the car run?

Id ring jim and ask
    Thanks Luke, just trying a few tricks of my own first. Def a Maf calculation,but the car runs fine , Trims and afr are all ok at the moment and this cel has only appeared on run home and later .
    Funny its not listed in workshop manual. Will ring Jim if it persists .
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

That's pretty wacky Paul. Haven't had that one either. Getting P2096 a bit lately.

I,m a dum ass ,posted wrong cel code ,sorry guys should have read P0101 . Updated original post .

Seems as though my Maf sensor may have taken a bullet , Only way to really confirm is to buy a new one .
    Will update post with info if i solve the issue .

Can you borrow another gen 2 MAF?
    See if you can log intake temp, maf voltage, maf g/s... might just be 1 bit that's not working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can borrow mine Paul.

No good mate! Good idea to try brads first if possible.
    Good luck!

Hope it's not buggered.

What do your LTFTs look like? After a long drive (canberra to sydney) i got a p0101 (maf volume flow curcuit range/performance) and was getting -19 fuel trims when cruising.

Strangely, a different program read the code as p0172 (fuel trim too rich), which made sense with fuel trims.

I checked my intake (sri) for leaks and unplugged the battery and it eventually disappeared. Don't know if it was bad fuel or just a glitch- cleaned the maf when I got home and has been ok for many months now.

Good luck man

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    You can borrow mine Paul.
    Thanks Brad ,how come u have a spare Maf sensor .

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Hope it's not buggered.

What do your LTFTs look like? After a long drive (canberra to sydney) i got a p0101 (maf volume flow curcuit range/performance) and was getting -19 fuel trims when cruising.

Strangely, a different program read the code as p0172 (fuel trim too rich), which made sense with fuel trims.

I checked my intake (sri) for leaks and unplugged the battery and it eventually disappeared. Don't know if it was bad fuel or just a glitch- cleaned the maf when I got home and has been ok for many months now.

Good luck man

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Thanks Lachlan ,my fuel trims at all speeds a re fine eg 100klm hr cruising =(-3.9) thats what is curious with a P0101 . Going to check WOT and see results .
    But i,m Smiling

I had a CEL poping up, ended up being a loose or dirty connection. Hope it something simple for you too

Paul, I mean I can come round yours, pull mine out, swap with yours, give it a run. If it looks ok, maybe you keep it for a week.

I can read/clear CEL's if it comes up again. At least it will confirm or clear the MAF being the cause.

I just want an excuse to go for a ride in your Hyperflow inter cooled monster...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Paul, I mean I can come round yours, pull mine out, swap with yours, give it a run. If it looks ok, maybe you keep it for a week.

I can read/clear CEL's if it comes up again. At least it will confirm or clear the MAF being the cause.

I just want an excuse to go for a ride in your Hyperflow inter cooled monster...
    Your welcome Brad, Monday im taking car to Mazda to see if i can get it on Warranty, if they want accept warranty because of mods HAHAHA i will contact you and we will get together (your lucky day) ,
    Price ex USA is approx $200.00 ,bet the aussie price is ridiculous ???
    But i,m Smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Your welcome Brad, Monday im taking car to Mazda to see if i can get it on Warranty, if they want accept warranty because of mods HAHAHA i will contact you and we will get together (your lucky day) ,
    Price ex USA is approx $200.00 ,bet the aussie price is ridiculous ???
    car got tuned... doubt you'll get it covered under warranty
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

19. Default

You have been ecuteked, Mazda will try and plug there MSDS in but it will show it can't communicate with your ECU with Ecutek blocking it out and they will probably point you out the drive way and cross off anythijg to do with warranty.

What will happen is they will over right his ECU they wont know he is tuned. They will use the diagnostic on it, it will show error code they will check the maf out etc. if they cant stop the error code they will rewrite the ecu..

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

If you want I will go inquire tomorrow for you at my local Mazda dealer as for procedure. As mines out of warranty cant effect me lol..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast