User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P1040 Cel Help.

1. Default

I'm pretty sure ecutek won't let anythign else communicate with it unless you get it wiped off by the installer first before taking it to Mazda, my mates Subaru was ecuteked and the factory diagnostic wouldn't communicate, MRTs forum even says u need to get the Ecutek unwritten off before taking it to a dealer.

Local dealer was great ,prepared to warranty and diagnose considering the bullshit amount of mods . But there diagnostic cant communicate with altered ECU . Pretty much what Shaneski said ,and i thought as much ,but i tried.
    Head tech even gave me there test MAF sensor to use ,but again the MPS has a different flow rate .
    Bottom line Mazda Australia OEM sensor $640.00 fffkkkk, USA MPS sensor $192.50 + $40.00 freight .
    Interesting fact that Cobb accessport has a ability to negate P0101 .
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

lol old head? are you using a AP? if so p1010 comes up when you flash the old maps, if using a AP update your maps and it will be gone its from the increase in airflow if you are indeed using a AP, this is the code i got contacted COBB and had them fix the map

Quote Originally Posted by MPSNoob View Post
    lol old head? are you using a AP? if so p1010 comes up when you flash the old maps, if using a AP update your maps and it will be gone its from the increase in airflow if you are indeed using a AP, this is the code i got contacted COBB and had them fix the map

No i have an Ecutek tune ,but thats my point (AP has the ability to negate P0101) .
    My ecuteck tune was originally done over 12mths ago , recently retuned due to HPFP, and now P0101 ,but not saying the retune brought on the P0101 ,just coincedence .
    Also the fact that there are some distinct advantages with AP ,you can delete tune quickly so as to put car on service diagnosis equipment. Then reflash. No one is the wiser!!!
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Local dealer was great ,prepared to warranty and diagnose considering the bullshit amount of mods . But there diagnostic cant communicate with altered ECU . Pretty much what Shaneski said ,and i thought as much ,but i tried.
    Head tech even gave me there test MAF sensor to use ,but again the MPS has a different flow rate .
    Bottom line Mazda Australia OEM sensor $640.00 fffkkkk, USA MPS sensor $192.50 + $40.00 freight .
    Interesting fact that Cobb accessport has a ability to negate P0101 .
    What if you gave them the error code? Surely they have solutions for the problem

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

@SarcasticOne do you still have your sensor from your car? maybe you could post it up for Oldhead to test?..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

i replaced my MAP (goes in intake manifold, reads boost pressure), he needs a MAF (Intake reads airflow pre-turbo)

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i replaced my MAP (goes in intake manifold, reads boost pressure), he needs a MAF (Intake reads airflow pre-turbo)
    Woops... all well

Update re issue . (never had this Cel before)
    After investigation and analysis this is my conclusion for thoughts .

Inducement conditions , extremely cold ambient night conditions and at highway speeds (115klm hr ) Areas Taree, Grafton, Ballina and at home on very cold evenings at 6.0deg celsius .Remembering that at speed the air is chilled even further.

One other member experienced travelling from Sydney to Canberra ,though im unsure of ambient temps.
    Maf sensor works by heating of the internal bulb/element and the volume/flow and temp of air passing over this element cools the bulb to a recognized signal range that is sent to the ECU to match throttle position ETC.
    Therefore if the Volume /temp is extremely cold CEL P0101 ( Maf range malfunction performance issue ) is induced.

I have since cleaned the sensor,cleaned and re oiled the filter ,checked all vac lines ,checked elect connections and for the last week i have not been able to induce ,replicate conditions or cel reappearance??????
    Note ,my sensor and filter where already clean.
    Day time highway ,same speeds ,but higher ambient temps .?????? Weird !!!!
    Tech heads or more experienced please jump in .
    Mazda tech tell me that they have never replaced MAF sensor under warranty(taken with a grain of salt) .
    Just maybe different Maps supplied via ECU depending on what continent Japan sends its new cars??????
    Last edited by Oldhead; 01-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    But i,m Smiling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12