User Tag List

Thread: **WARNING**ebay tein coilovers for MPS 6 **WARNING**

Default **WARNING**ebay tein coilovers for MPS 6 **WARNING**

hey guys

just letting everyone know that after looking over the spec's of these coilovers >>> eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d <<< when compared to the actual proper spec's of tein's, i found that these one's have much softer spring rates @ 5.8kg rather then the 10kg of proper ones also these don't support the in car dampening adjustment motors, would be great for just road use but still might be a bit soft, no good at all if you have the occasional track work in mind
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    hey guys

just letting everyone know that after looking over the spec's of these coilovers >>> eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d <<< when compared to the actual proper spec's of tein's, i found that these one's have much softer spring rates @ 5.8kg rather then the 10kg of proper ones also these don't support the in car dampening adjustment motors, would be great for just road use but still might be a bit soft, no good at all if you have the occasional track work in mind
    they are the FF versions.
    research? then you may have found the fronts are 8kg and the rears are 5.8kg. also the no EDFC is normal for this model.

9th one down the list:-
    TEIN USA | MODEL&PRICE | MAZDA

not for mazdaspeed 6/mps 6 as you said.

also way overpriced. considering it is a discontinued range and TeinUSA want $990USD for theirs.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 27-07-2012 at 08:43 AM.

i noticed that on that list they dont even mention ones for the 6 mps/mazdaspeed which is weird considering they make them

proper 6 MPS teins have a 10kg spring in the front and a 8 kg spring in the rear and have the option for EDFC

hey ax-man, are you insinuating they're fakes?

I have never had Teins - but i do know they're one of only 2 coilovers that are ADR approved (Pedders are the other) and that they're fully rebuildable through Fulcrum.

Other than that the EDFC is a sweet setup! If you setup some Teins with EDFC and some Roberuta cups you'd have the perfect suspension!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    hey ax-man, are you insinuating they're fakes?

I have never had Teins - but i do know they're one of only 2 coilovers that are ADR approved (Pedders are the other) and that they're fully rebuildable through Fulcrum.

Other than that the EDFC is a sweet setup! If you setup some Teins with EDFC and some Roberuta cups you'd have the perfect suspension!
    no not fakes just the wrong ones as they come up with Mazdaspeed 6 written on the page heading which is wrong the spring rates are to soft for the mazdaspeed6/mps 6 the proper rates are 10kg front and 8kg rear to deal with the heaver motor and the AWD system not the 8kg and 5.8kg listed
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 03-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs