User Tag List

Thread: Cobb AccessPORT Mounting Option

Default Cobb AccessPORT Mounting Option

Just thought that l would post a few pictures and some info on this cool device that l have used to mount my Cobb AP. I stumbled across this clamp system by chance and found they had a distributer here in AUS which was a bonus. I believe it has solved my issue of mounting the AccessPort and it is way stealth. The Tetrax clamp uses two magnets which come together to hold the AccessPORT in position on the air vent, one magnet on the vent clamp and one that sticks to the back of the AccessPORT. This thing is cool, strong and extremely easy to install and the best thing is that you can easily adjust the angle of the AccessPORT so you can see the digital display. It cost just over $30 delivered and l would highly recommend it, check it out Tetrax Store

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0198.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	11742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	11743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	11744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	11745

Nice one,
    I've been trying to work out the best way to mount my AP in my 6, looking for a more permanent option though

So far I think the JBR mount might be best

This is my mount. It bolts into the seat rail so it's super sturdy. The arm is flexible so you can bend it to any position - and the actual holder is very good quality, fully adjustable and rotates 360 degrees, spring loaded so it automatically resizes to whatever you want to put in there - which is great - cos it holds my iPhone 4 and that is what I use it for 99% of the time!

Another member recommended it to me - costs half as much as the jbr, same principal, but with the added bonus of being able to use it for other stuff.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343346252.630041.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	11752

I got the JBR mount and am very happy with it. Pic is here...
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...tml#post222083

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    So far I think the JBR mount might be best
    Corksport SRI and TIP, 2XS LED lighting-: interior, parkers, fog lights and number plate lights, painted brake calipers (black), cPE REM, Cobb AP, Corksport front strut brace, Corksport rear sway bar, Autotech HPFP internals, Xforce cat back exhaust, Xforce DP, HPFP etune.

Looks good, I use the famous type s mount that is popular on the u.s forums. Sits on my right air vent. Dont think supercheap stocks this particular model anymore even though its on their website, it was like $10 shipped from Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Type-AC01994-6...=5336612383-20

Name:	apholder.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	11768
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48