User Tag List

Thread: Installation Guide of Triple Gauge Pod

Default Installation Guide of Triple Gauge Pod

Hey guys i installed my triple gauge pod today on my Gen 1 MPS 3 without gauges just yet and thought if anyone needed help if they were to do it themselves here is the instructions.
    Took me about 30mins all up. Very easy. But just make sure you take your time on the clips as you don't want to break them.
    Also if you want to know how i blocked off the holes i just bought some black plastic from autobarn which cost like $2 and cut them in circles slightly larger then the pod holes themselves and used some silicone and glued them to the back of the pod.

1. This is what you will be starting with.

2. Open glove box and feel under the black plastic strip and there should be two slight indentations. Using both hand pull towards you (might be a little hard but don't pull to hard or you might break the clips). On the left side there is a clip that slips into a small panel so take that part out first and then move along to the right.

3. Once you have taken off the plastic strip it will look like this.

4. Next you will have to unscrew 2 screws which attach the stock centre dash. One on the left and one on the right. Unscrew these and put away in a safe place. (Ijust put them in the glove box)

5. Gently pull up the stock centre dash untill all clips are undone. (Make sure you are carefull here as it is quite easy to snap a clip) and there is also a wire that attaches to the hazard light switch so you don't want to yank it up and snap the wires.

6. Unclip the hazard light switch from the panel by pressing slightly in the centre and pulling out.

7. Once you have unclipped the plug it should all look like this.

8. Next step is to remove the aircon vent pods and hazard light switch and all the white clips from the stock unit and transfer them over to the triple gauge pod.
    To take the white clips off lift one side and then the other side. Be careful taking then off as they are very thin and can break quite easily.
    To take off the aircon vent pods just unscrew the silver screws. There are 3 on each vent. (2 at the back and 1 at the front)
    The take off the hazard light switch there is 2 black tabs on the front and back. Just push them inwards and push the button out. (Dont pull up like i did at first because it wont come out)

9. Now all you have to do is put it all back together in reverse order and voila you have installed the triple gauge pod.

Last edited by STEALTH_MPS; 26-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Looks good bud, what gauges you gonna out in?

Thanks man...After speaking and getting some info from @SMOKEY (thanks by the way) im gonna get all prosport gauges, Boost, oil ptemp and oil pressure. Ill still use my dashhawk for other parameters which i have installed on the right hand side just above the vent pod.
    I was tossing up whether i should get a boost gauge but i thought i shud as its abit hard to see on the dashhawk as its slightly a little small to see if you have 6 things on there at once like i have.

looks really good where can i get that

i got one you can buy lol
    but mine is cut out for 52 mm gauges

Has anyone seen one on a gen 2 yet?