User Tag List

Thread: CORKSPORT Mazda3/MPS 3 Rear Adjustable Swaybar

1. Default CORKSPORT Mazda3/MPS 3 Rear Adjustable Swaybar

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has dealt with MPS Garage and their services. I am thinking about getting a CORKSPORT Mazda3/MPS 3 Rear Adjustable Swaybar fitted. Has anyone got any ideas on this. Would appreciate people's views.

Search is your friend

In short. Yes some have been unfortunate enough to deal with them. Very mixed reviews.

My suggestion would be go through one of our great sponsors.
    There is good reasons why "they" are no longer sponsors.

Trying to be as diplomatic as possible

The Corksport bar and the JBR bar are very similar.

You can try go direct to Corksport and see if they will ship to you. They may say you need to go with the authorised dealer in Australia - in which case you're stuck with MPSGarage.

Otherwise you can go for a JBR unit, they'll ship a RSB to Australia for $260 delivered.

Other bars to look at are Whiteline $300 delivered, or Hotchkis ($270 delivered).

Not wanting to bash them as i've had only one good experience with them but id buy direct from corksport if your after their sway bar. There are also others such as Whiteline which you can buy in aus, hotchkis,JBarone and a few others.
    I would go either whiteline or hotchkis IMO. Hotchkis is also quite alot thicker then whiteline and alot stiffer. I have them on my car and love them. Haven't tried whiteline ones though.
    @SMOKEY corksport sell direct with us now as i bought my sri from them and no hassles with them saying they cant sell to us.
    Last edited by STEALTH_MPS; 26-07-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Search is your friend

In short. Yes some have been unfortunate enough to deal with them. Very mixed reviews.

My suggestion would be go through one of our great sponsors.
    There is good reasons why "they" are no longer sponsors.

Trying to be as diplomatic as possible
    pretty much covered it... ^
    there's a rather interesting thread on gen 2 FMIC's where an admin and MPS Garage have a very public discussion...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I had whiteline in my SP23 front and back... I now have Corksport front and back in my MPS... the Corksport ones are of greater build quality...

I got my rear one through MPSG, took 3 months, but I got it

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    @SMOKEY corksport sell direct with us now as i bought my sri from them and no hassles with them saying they cant sell to us.

I bought my SRI direct off them too, less than 2 months ago - but they also said that it was a special circumstance as MPSG didn't have stock. The message crom Corksport was that normally i would have to purchase through MPSG and pay the higher price as they have the distribution rights in Australia.

If they gave you or give OP a different story then it's a win IMO.

MPSG prices are basically the same, but with GST and a small margin added - so I can sympathise with their position - but I also believe in the consumer's right to purchase without trade barriers. We get stooged as consumers in this country enough as it is.

@Emilios where do you live?

I tried to get a Corksport one from MPSG but after waiting 2 months I cancelled that idea and ordered a Whiteline one instead. If you want to get the Corksport one just buy it direct. Save yourself the trouble.

10. Default

JBarone and Corksport RSB's build very similar. JBarone's build quality is top notch. I'm very happy with the results of mine fitted by a local suspension place.

Have a read through the first post of this thread if you are wanting to decide which sway bar to go with. Scroll down abit till you see the sway bars. Might have to register though if you cant see it (not hard to do and worth it)

The Official MS3 Suspension Thread - Mazdaspeed Forums

12. Default

+1,
    I got the JBR after doing some reading on US forums about the CS one and some issues they had re welds.

Im very happy with the JBR and it arrived very quickly from the US, $260 delivered. For me the RSB was the most noticeable mod to date (put in SRI, TIP, Race Pipe, Cobb AP, Forge BPV,)

I went with the JBR as it had 3 settings to choose from, rather than 2 with the whiteline. I dont think i'll change that often but from my perspective its good to have choice.

it's easily in my top 3 most noticable mods...
    other 2 being AP and different turbo