User Tag List

Thread: 6MPS Wheel Alignment

Default 6MPS Wheel Alignment

I was wondering what thoughts/advice people have regarding the best set up of the 6MPS.... I am running stock suspension with 225/40/18 on the RX8 rims.

As we all know its Toe for the front and toe and camber for the rear - I also beleive there are more isses re the front allignment than rear.

There seem to be several lines of thought surrounding AWD and FWD cars, as ours are neither (really) what do you guys suggest?

Jim

Depends what you're asking: best setup for what?
    Autocross
    Daily driving
    Drag racing
    Conservative (not chewing tyres)

Each one will have different setups, including personal preference. Plus there's only so much you can adjust on standard suspension, including the lack of front camber adjustment.

Sorry - should have specified. Sprited daily driving

For DD the OEM suspension is ok. Aftermarket springs + shocks is better (for looks and performance). Coilies are probably too not worth the cost + loss of ride quality for a DD.

Suspension is one of those very subjective things as it also depends on your driving style. Some people like a hint of understeer, others like to do everything sideways.
    My current setup is running -1 degree front and -0.5 degree rear camber, with 0.05 front and 0.09 rear toe. Dampers running at medium on my coilies. Not what you would call a hardcore track setup, but not too bad for DD.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

On a side note...is your ETS the 3.25 or 3.5 inch? Reason I ask is I am installing my ebay bargain ets 3.5 next week and was wondering what to expect!! Rear mount is enroute.

One of the problems getting a WA on a MPS6 is that none of the databases seem to have the correct data. So where ever you go you're going to get regular M6 settings.

A Mazda engineer told me the correct setting is 2mm toe-in front and rear. I've never had that setting so I can't comment on whether it works well. But I can say these cars respond well to lots of neg camber. Shame we can't crank it on at the front. Wish those R&S control arms would hurry up.

Gone to Volvo

(I wondered how long before KMH001 joined this thread) Yeah - following that thread too but they seem so far away.

I have also learnt that the SPC ball joints cause premature arm failure.

I have now fitted the Autoexe lower arm brace which has stiffened things up a bit, but I still want more accuracy and sharpness. Next time your car is on a ramp grab the endlinks and give them a good hard pull - its quite scary how much give/play there is in them...

Jim

Which end links are you referring to Jim?

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    On a side note...is your ETS the 3.25 or 3.5 inch? Reason I ask is I am installing my ebay bargain ets 3.5 next week and was wondering what to expect!! Rear mount is enroute.
    3.25 no issues closing the hood.

On a side note...I will be selling my CP-e rear mount soon (only done 5000km!), you really should speak to me before ordering stuff online
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I went for the medieval one as it has the lowest vibration compared to CPE and SU.

You're selling a lot of gear...PM me if you can re the mount - your thoughts?

I'll do one better, read the entire first post REVIEW: CP-E Motor Mount and TWM Shifter Bushings - Mazda6 / Atenza it's my exact thoughts on the CP-e mount.

I've pm'd you as we are a "little" off thread (my doing).

After having my coilovers fitted last week, I thought I'd post up the alignment details from the suspension guys who did the install for me, overall everything feels about right, but not being an expert in this area I've got little understanding with the numbers, they're here out of interest