User Tag List

Thread: bushings for mps 6?

Default bushings for mps 6?

Hi guys,

any of you got those rear stock suspension bushes (eg: sway bar bushes and control arm bushes) replaced for your mps 6?
    my rear sway bar bushes got worn so i want to get them replaced as well as all other rear ones if they won't cost me too much.
    I've been searching around but didn't find any supplier in Australia. anyone know where i can get these from?
    there are some bushes for standard mazda 6 but not for mps.
    does the standard mazda 6 share the same suspensions with mps6?

for anyone how had them replaced, do you find that they help much for handling? likes diminished body roll?

I've been told thicker sway bars can cope with body roll issue. and bigger rear sway bar can deal with understeering.
    But when i look at the rear sway bars today i found that it's 23mm thick already. and aftermarket are like 24 to 25.
    will these 1 or 2 mm really make a realizable difference?

cheers,
    ryan
    Last edited by ryancn; 25-07-2012 at 02:27 AM.

yep i did it yesterday bout an hours worth of work , sway bar bushes are about $10 each i got the last front one in the country just one and have 1 on back order, you only need simple tools - 1/2" socket set - 14mm to universal joint then extension
    Autoexe front swaybar 25mm $310 + shipping
    Whiteline adj rear swaybar 24mm $260 - autobarn
    Both increase the handling and grip and help your car feel squat on the road

1mm increase in bar size will make a difference. But be careful. It's extremely, unbelievably easy to completely ruin the handling balance of your car by making indiscriminate sway bar changes.

Changing from rubber to polyurethane sway bar bushes takes the play out of the bar and is roughly equivalent to a 1mm increase in bar diameter in terms of increased roll stiffness. A cheap, easy and reversible mod.

its the same with any handling mod it takes time to adjust and perfect the handling setting's, the suspension setup can make the car feel like crap or like a complete weapon im only just starting to get mine to the way i want it now and i've had it for almost 7 months, my next upgrades are swaybars and coilovers + adjustable end-links, super pro bushes, wheels - koya RG tek 18x8.5, evo brake upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    yep i did it yesterday bout an hours worth of work , sway bar bushes are about $10 each i got the last front one in the country just one and have 1 on back order, you only need simple tools - 1/2" socket set - 14mm to universal joint then extension
    Autoexe front swaybar 25mm $310 + shipping
    Whiteline adj rear swaybar 24mm $260 - autobarn
    Both increase the handling and grip and help your car feel squat on the road

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    1mm increase in bar size will make a difference. But be careful. It's extremely, unbelievably easy to completely ruin the handling balance of your car by making indiscriminate sway bar changes.

Changing from rubber to polyurethane sway bar bushes takes the play out of the bar and is roughly equivalent to a 1mm increase in bar diameter in terms of increased roll stiffness. A cheap, easy and reversible mod.
    thank you Axspeed6 and kmh001.
    Axspeed6, did you get the universal sway bar bushes or a specific ones for mps? and where you get these from?
    any idea where to get the other bushes?

cheers

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

its the same with any handling mod it takes time to adjust and perfect the handling setting's, the suspension setup can make the car feel like crap or like a complete weapon im only just starting to get mine to the way i want it now and i've had it for almost 7 months, my next upgrades are swaybars and coilovers + adjustable end-links, super pro bushes, wheels - koya RG tek 18x8.5, evo brake upgrade
    i just have a set of coilover installed. it eliminated so much body-roll but the understeer still there.
    that's why i'm thinking to get some hard bushes and sway bar in the rear.

anyone know does the mps 6 share the same bushes with other mazda 6?
    i know sway bar bushes are different bcoz mps has a thicker sway bar. how about the others?

no they are not the same at all, i just got ones from mazda themselves as i have a mate that works a werribee mazda and get them a bit cheaper $7.20 ea i paid list price is $9.20 for front and rear so if they try to charge you anymore than that and they are trying to rip you off as for the understeer just the rear sway bar alone wont fix that, its all in your suspension setup and depends what you want, something that steers really well but wears your tyres unevenly and wont have full grip in the wet a slightly negative camber will help this, but for grip have it all sitting flat even.

the mazda 6 front end parts fit no probs, the rears on the other hand have no hope on hell as its a completely different setup with the diff being in there

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

i should add that its only from the 2.3lt mazda 6 that the front end suspension is the same
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

no they are not the same at all, i just got ones from mazda themselves as i have a mate that works a werribee mazda and get them a bit cheaper $7.20 ea i paid list price is $9.20 for front and rear so if they try to charge you anymore than that and they are trying to rip you off as for the understeer just the rear sway bar alone wont fix that, its all in your suspension setup and depends what you want, something that steers really well but wears your tyres unevenly and wont have full grip in the wet a slightly negative camber will help this, but for grip have it all sitting flat even.

the mazda 6 front end parts fit no probs, the rears on the other hand have no hope on hell as its a completely different setup with the diff being in there

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

i should add that its only from the 2.3lt mazda 6 that the front end suspension is the same
    i just got coilovers installed on monday.
    they told me standard NA mazda 6 share the same suspension with mps model so they use standard mazda 6 coilovers on my mps.
    but after it installed, i found knocking noise from the rear suspension and we spotted that were the rear shocks making that noise (nothing loose but the shock itself internally making noise) and the noise went away when we use back the stock shocks.
    apart from this, front coilovers and rear springs fit nice.
    they now ordered a new set of shock for me.
    so I'm wondering does it really the shock fail or becuase they use the wrong coilovers?

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    they told me standard NA mazda 6 share the same suspension with mps model so they use standard mazda 6 coilovers on my mps.
    but after it installed, i found knocking noise from the rear suspension and we spotted that were the rear shocks making that noise (nothing loose but the shock itself internally making noise) and the noise went away when we use back the stock shocks.
    so I'm wondering does it really the shock fail or becuase they use the wrong coilovers?
    that seems like a complete load of bullshit...
    the simple fact it's FWD vs AWD and the difference of weight distribution means that the 2 cars should have vastly different suspension set ups (if done properly)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post

what sarc said FF versions are not meant for our cars take it back because they have fitted the wrong one's.
    What are the spring rate's? std coilover spring rates for the 6 mps are 10kg at front and 8 kg in the rear.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

yeah you guys are right. they did give me the wrong coilovers and had order a new set for me.
    i just got the correct ones installed and they are all good. they help a lot with the understeering problem