User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How To - EGR Block off FREE 15 second job

Quote Originally Posted by ttshark View Post
    Did the throttle body coolant bypass yesterday because of the intense heat. Took about 10 minutes all up. Gonna try this EGR mod before leaving work today and report whether I get a CEL.
    gen 1/gen 2 or a 6?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What a great forum. Did the coolant bypass & the EGR Block off today. I did get the CEL P0403 on start up. I unchecked P0401 & P0403 using ATR & reflashed. No more CEL. Thank you to all who have contributed.

3. Default

Just did it, along with playing with the ATR using Buckers guide. Thanks Rayd for suggesting the easiest mod out.

Did mine on the weekend. Seemed simple enough. Gonna sell my block off plate online

Peter "SLIXX"

5. Default

I am keen to do this.
    What exactly is ATR?

When you buy the COBB Access Port, you can access this software from the COBB website. Quite a powerful tuning tool, if you know what your doing.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

this forum is awesome! gives me so many easy options! was about to purchase catch can and block off plate until i dug deeper and found this. what a win!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Can't take credit for this, stole off MSF

Picture of connector
    Attachment 11717

Enjoy!
    hello, could someone guide me to the right plug to pull, i can't tell for certain which one i'm suppose to unplug and don't want to risk yanking the wrong one...(as i've read here..)

I doubt it considering my car had spun first and third bottom bearings and no codes. Without a boost solenoid to control boost the turbo would spin infinitely on the first decent shift anything in third and above and you can catch whats left of your engine on the way coasting down the road

Replug and reset the battery connection ?

11. Default

Pics, HOWTO? a picture tells 1000 words

12. Default

Hello to everyone,thank you for this mod,i just unpluged connector but i dont have that "atr" to delete error in CEL,i want to ask its problem when i am driving with this error?Sorry for my english i am from czech republic.

I got engine check light on, bugger

Do you have an AP?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

15. Default UK Noob

Greetings from a UK noob. Stumbled upon this thread googling carbon clean up..

Excuse my lack of knowledge, just so I am crystal clear its the connector as pictured that needs to be removed ? I am probably the worlds worst practical person, good with computers, not with a spanner .. Even I can't get this wrong right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170111_002_Ink_LI.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	17861

Quote Originally Posted by marculos View Post
    Greetings from a UK noob. Stumbled upon this thread googling carbon clean up..

Excuse my lack of knowledge, just so I am crystal clear its the connector as pictured that needs to be removed ? I am probably the worlds worst practical person, good with computers, not with a spanner .. Even I can't get this wrong right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170111_002_Ink_LI.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	17861
    Welcome. Yep, that's the one. You should see the CEL for egr appear once removed as a confirmation that it worked. Given there are no spanners involved and all the work for this mod is done with w computer, you should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

17. Default

Thanks for the help ! It has produced a cel so guess I pulled the right plug out I have now found a recipt for EGR block off kit in the cars history, will check if it has been fitted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234