User Tag List

Thread: How to install CPE triple gauge pod

Default How to install CPE triple gauge pod

Hey guys i've had my cpe triple gauge pod sitting around the house for a while now and im wanting to instal it. I don't have any gauges yet so im going to just block off the gauge holes for now.

Iv'e had a look around on google and other sites and this one but i haven't been able to find instructions on how to install it.

Can anyone on here who has installed one tell me how to install it as i wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Also how do you guys think i could block off the gauge holes as i dont want to leave them open and have dust flying into the holes.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers guys
    Chris

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

PS. I have a Gen 1 MPS 3 if that helps.

Cheers

look for a stereo install guide, similar process.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

yea i found similar threads to that but i couldnt really see if i have to unplug anything behind the centre part and such and dont wanna start pulling things apart without knowing if i do or dont. If no one here knows i might just wait till i get the guages and get them all installed by someone else lol and save me the stuff up if i do any

U gonna have to pull out the hazard light switch cover n then stereo but m getting them installed.

Would i have to take the stereo out if im only going to install the guage pod without any gauges in it?

No its completely separate to the stereo, I haven't done a cp-e gauge pod, but I have a flip up screen in mine where that top cover is, just need to swap the hazard light switch and the vents between the two and drop the new one in place.

I'll give you a hand if you like, it doesnt take very long at all.

its easy as,
    1. remove the plastic thats just above the glove box and centre console
    2. theres 2 scews holding the centre piece with two air con vents in it, unscrew that,
    3. unplug the hazard light cable from behind and remove 6 screws (3each for the air con vents

and tada should be finished lol hope this helps, this is just from the top of my head

cheers man...ill give it a go today

Seemingly wiring into fuse box is the easier option also

I did what you are doing now, i bought the cpe gauge pod without any gauges and jus had it blocked off for a while, and then bought myself a defi boost gauge and placed it smack bang in the middle hehe and waiting til i can afford the full set of defi gauges with the central power device thingy.

@MPSDAN what did you use to block off the holes???

any places u can buy them in aus??

good question, i never tried looking here

lolz..might call around places while im off work to see