User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning, FMIC on Gen 2.

Default Warning, FMIC on Gen 2.

This is a warning to anybody that buys a FMIC from the US that Replaces the OEM bumper bar reo.

The US and at least AUS version of the Gen 2 are very different behind the front bumper to each other. It takes ALOT of modifying to get one of these kits to work as the US bumper bar reo's do not fit, Not only does the bumper bar reo connect the rail ends of the car together, it also helps hold the whole radiator support assembly in the correct position. So trust me, running a large core without holding all this together is an extremely stupid idea. Besides you will never get your front bumper bar gaps to look nice without something to hold the radiator support in the correct position.
    It took alot of work to make this all work together.

Luckily, i work in a smash repairs, did it at work with alot of access to tools and people with years of knowledge on cars. It would have been almost impossible to do at home.

So, for the CP-E, Ultimate Racing or Full-Race FMIC kits....... Dont say i didnt warn you.

Maybe someone should sticky this so it doesnt get lost in the jungle of threads? ill leave that up to the mods.

for the warning @Cton
    i know the CP-E tow plate isnt a direct bolt-on (ask @2XS), as well as the gen 1 exhausts stick out about 1-2 inches further on aus spec models cause of the difference in bumpers
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

3. Default

That is why we test fit every product first before its up loaded. Even when some people don't want to think that our prices refect on the items. we at least check & make the changes for the Australia Market.
    This is why we have so many of you guys asking about the products, after you buy it from the USA!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    for the warning @Cton
    i know the CP-E tow plate isnt a direct bolt-on (ask @2XS), as well as the gen 1 exhausts stick out about 1-2 inches further on aus spec models cause of the difference in bumpers
    Tow plates should be straight on now
    CBE's wasn't worth the design change.

I cant say if all of the 3 companies that make them with bumper bar reos replacement wont fit cause obviously i havent tried them all.
    But i would like to think that MPSGarage should have a CP-E bar reo sent to them by CP-E to see if it fits as i didnt go with CP-E. especially since they are the Aus distro and the CP-E kit has been out for a while now and i know its been listed on your site for ages as well. Maybe MPSG have test fit it already, but their above post doesnt indicate that.
    Last edited by Cton; 20-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    I cant say if all of the 3 companies that make them with bumper bar reos replacement wont fit cause obviously i havent tried them all.
    But i would like to think that MPSGarage should have a CP-E bar reo sent to them by CP-E to see if it fits as i didnt go with CP-E. especially since they are the Aus distro and the CP-E kit has been out for a while now and i know its been listed on your site for ages as well. Maybe MPSG have test fit it already, but their above post doesnt indicate that.
    We have only sold one inner state that was wrong, But There has been at least 10 guys having trouble with imported kits!

looks like the new COBB kit is the go if you want a trouble free install then.
    Dont get me wrong, Im very happy with the end result of my kit. it just took alot of work.

looks like the new COBB kit is the go if you want a trouble free install then.
    Dont get me wrong, Im very happy with the end result of my kit. it just took alot of work.
    What did u go Cton? Man your car is getting nuts too. You take it back to be retuned yet?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Glad to see you got it installed Cton, always knew you would /could do it.
    Mate have fun at Jims . let us know your results.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    We have only sold one inner state that was wrong, But There has been at least 10 guys having trouble with imported kits!
    You still didn't answer the question.... Did the one you sell fit?

I read this as you sold one that didn't fit but also the other imported ones didn't fit. So what difference does it make?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 21-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

That is why we test fit every product first before its up loaded. Even when some people don't want to think that our prices refect on the items. we at least check & make the changes for the Australia Market.
    This is why we have so many of you guys asking about the products, after you buy it from the USA!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Tow plates should be straight on now
    CBE's wasn't worth the design change.
    Does your product, CP-e Front mount for Gen 2 MPS fit our Australian model MPS, its listed on your website as
    Part No: MGMPSG2-823552
    Name: CP-e Front Mount Intercooler kit

Also on your Cobb Tuning FMIC does that mount up to the MPS gen 2 with the brackets that come with the kit or will custom brackets need to be made for the Aus marker MPS?
    If it mounts up withoud modification it would be a great kit, it might be worth dropping the coin for it so I wont have to put up with any hassles.

thanks.
    Last edited by jnt; 21-07-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    What did u go Cton? Man your car is getting nuts too. You take it back to be retuned yet?
    Car will be retuned in the next few days....
    Plan is to push it harder, But dont expect me to post any numbers on it. the only numbers ill post are the 1/4 mile times when im happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    for the warning @Cton
    Can confirm the CP-E tips stick out about an inch further than the OEM on the gen 2. I don't mind it though. I bought it from MPSG and installed it myself.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    You still didn't answer the question.... Did the one you sell fit?

I read this as you sold one that didn't fit but also the other imported ones didn't fit. So what difference does it make?

Yes the one we sold fit with no further mods needed.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

To Make it clear, we are not a vendor here & as per the rules I'm not to post about the products we sell.
    I'm only posting as a member if you want to ask questions about the products we stock send a email to sales@mpsgarage.com.au

I hope members here can understand why this was needed to be said!

Yes the one we sold fit with no further mods needed.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

To Make it clear, we are not a vendor here & as per the rules I'm not to post about the products we sell.
    I'm only posting as a member if you want to ask questions about the products we stock send a email to sales@mpsgarage.com.au

I hope members here can understand why this was needed to be said!
    You actually said the one you sold inner (I'm guessing that's inter) state was wrong. What you have written is not clear at all.

So if the one you sold fitted with no modification, contrary to your confusing quote above - why did the other cpe kits not fit?
    Do you modify every kit that comes to you? How?
    Last edited by Jmac; 21-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

15. Default

The Products we sell are for the Australian Market, That's all you need to know.
    What we do with our suppliers is no ones business. This protect us & them, it also gives us a good idea of the grey imports & how's importing their own.

Its clear & that's the last post on this thread about it, you have any further questions PM us.

You actually said the one you sold inner (I'm guessing that's inter) state was wrong. What you have written is not clear at all.

So if the one you sold fitted with no modification, contrary to your confusing quote above - why did the other cpe kits not fit?
    Do you modify every kit that comes to you? How?

The Products we sell are for the Australian Market, That's all you need to know.
    What we do with our suppliers is no ones business. This protect us & them, it also gives us a good idea of the grey imports & how's importing their own.

Its clear & that's the last post on this thread about it, you have any further questions PM us.
    So you don't do anything. The parts you sell are designed for the American market. That's no secret. I do need to know more or why would I bother paying hundreds more? From the track record its definitely not for the service. Surely it was as simple as saying we provide an alternate part for x or y or z.

Your suppliers are all happy to ship to us direct or simply use freight forwarding. If there is no justification for the extra $$$ then what's the difference. I don't understand what the secrecy is about. Especially considering all one would have to do is locate a kit purchased from you and emulate.

What would be a good idea is an articulate post that answers someone's query that is not backwards or confusing. All you seem to do is create more questions than answers to something very simple.

I have nothing against you guys but you really need to communicate more. We are enthusiasts and you need to clearly communicate your value adds, in this day and age of the Internet there are no trading barriers. I can guarantee if i went directly to any of your suppliers they would not hesitate to sell direct.

Last edited by Jmac; 21-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

17. Default

is it so hard for you to work out we test fit & have changes done to suit the market were in.
    you have no interest in purchasing from us, just to gain info on how not too.
    in the begin we tried to help & cater for this forum & being a micro business it was hard, now we have moved on & have tried to post in sections that will help without promoting us. its still the same crap!

So you don't do anything. The parts you sell are designed for the American market. That's no secret. I do need to know more or why would I bother paying hundreds more? From the track record its definitely not for the service. Surely it was as simple as saying we provide an alternate part for x or y or z.

Your suppliers are all happy to ship to us direct or simply use freight forwarding. If there is no justification for the extra $$$ then what's the difference. I don't understand what the secrecy is about. Especially considering all one would have to do is locate a kit purchased from you and emulate.

What would be a good idea is an articulate post that answers someone's query that is not backwards or confusing. All you seem to do is create more questions than answers to something very simple.

I have nothing against you guys but you really need to communicate more. We are enthusiasts and you need to clearly communicate your value adds, in this day and age of the Internet there are no trading barriers. I can guarantee if i went directly to any of your suppliers they would not hesitate to sell direct.

Sigh.
    Not promoting huh, hence the email address in the previous post.

The fact you still have not answered my question and you are being defensive still does not help.

You are not being constructive or helpful at all. Essentially you are saying none work, so buy from you because you make some special changes that are top secret.
    This does not make anyone want to buy from you and nothing has changed.

If however you came into the thread and simply said, yes usdm kits won't fit adm cars because part x is incorrect however we replace part x with part y in the kit before we ship it to you, and I don't know, maybe attach a photo showing correct fitment the crowds would be singing your praises and this justifies the extra 300 or whatever it is you charge over a parallel import with shipping. This is your value add, this is called business.

Saying to an enthusiast you don't need to know is a bad move, and considering we are your market. Being defensive is a bad move. Saying you are not here to promote your business is a bad move (your user name is mps garage and you are directing people to your site)

How about taking the time to directly answer questions, constructively, concisely and spelling things right.

Anyway this is so far off topic its silly.

Its not hard to understand you test fit, bravo. Give us some constructive details or don't bother posting, it was a very simple question I asked.

Last edited by Jmac; 21-07-2012 at 01:30 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

I have to admit, why would the Australian distributer tell you what needs to be changed in a product if you bought it elsewhere? It makes no sense for them to do so.
    Im taking from what mpsg have said though, if you pay the premium and purchase through them, you can rest easy it's going to bolt straight up?
    Not like it matters, the back order on the Cpe FMIC kits for the gen 2 have been a 2 week wait, about 3 months ago. Still no sign of them. And that's direct from CP-e. So I spent my money on one of the other kits.

I have to admit, why would the Australian distributer tell you what needs to be changed in a product if you bought it elsewhere? It makes no sense for them to do so.
    Im taking from what mpsg have said though, if you pay the premium and purchase through them, you can rest easy it's going to bolt straight up?
    Not like it matters, the back order on the Cpe FMIC kits for the gen 2 have been a 2 week wait, about 3 months ago. Still no sign of them. And that's direct from CP-e. So I spent my money on one of the other kits.
    I wasn't after dimensions, Cad drawings or anything else, it's pretty simple to say for example the hot pipe had to be modified or we supply a different bracket. Its a pretty simple question..
    Instead we get the defensive post that has nothing to do with anything.

If it's something cpe are providing there is no reason it cannot be purchased directly from them.

So much for constructive criticism and leading questions.

All I was asking was for a reason to buy from mpsg.

If i was buying a fmic kit and the vendor told me I don't need to know the dimensions of the core or if if i was buying a turbo kit and was told I don't need to know what's included with it because it will fit and it's not my business I wouldn't be buying from them.

It's part of my job here as an admin to ensure members and vendors are transparent and truthful in what they claim. Else how do we know that there is actually any substance to the claim, not to mention mpsg are no longer vendors and are skirting on the rules by flogging parts on the site which I've ignored in this thread to benefit members.
    Last edited by Jmac; 21-07-2012 at 04:25 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast