User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning, FMIC on Gen 2.

they obviously aren't going to give you the info your chasing.
    Obviously the crash bar is the part that needs changes, if any. On the CPE one i am not sure. it mounts different to my kit.
    The cars are the same distance from rail end to rail end.
    Its from where the bumper reo supports the whole radiator support, distance to bar reo is where it may be different.
    But I'm sure nobody will actually know what I'm talking about without going through it themselves.
    Last edited by Cton; 21-07-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Thank christ Im not going the fmic route....That's all I can say lol.

Any chance @Cton that you could post a pic of the areas that require modding to help others decide if they wish to go down that route?
    Im a fan of most CP-e products mainly because of the R&D of their parts. They are a USDM company so I guess we will see these problems appear here. Maybe an email to them direct to let them know of the fittment issues so they can come up with a solution.
    MPSG being their Aus seller would have this obligation to CP-e for developement of parts outside of USDM, I hope they did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    they obviously aren't going to give you the info your chasing.
    Obviously the crash bar is the part that needs changes, if any. On the CPE one i am not sure. it mounts different to my kit.
    The cars are the same distance from rail end to rail end.
    Its from where the bumper reo supports the whole radiator support, distance to bar reo is where it may be different.
    But I'm sure nobody will actually know what I'm talking about without going through it themselves.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

I didnt use the CPE kit, and cant be sure what if any changes need to be made to their kit.
    The Cp-E and Full-Race kit both mount differently to the Ultimate Racing setup.
    Its really not that easy for me to explain, Myself and @jnt think the COBB one should fit OK. But the front bar reos for the US and ours are totally different, whether the actual mounting points for where the reo attaches to the radiator support are in a different position in relation to the rail ends mounting points i dont know.
    Bare with me and i will get more pics to explain this.

Here is a pic mid install before the reo went on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	URFMICCORE.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	11687  

Sorry mate, misread and assumed! oops!

Here is a pic of the CPE one. if you look closely you will see that it obviously bolts to the end of the chassis rails. This is very important to connect the rail ends of the car together. (the 4 red bolts)
    But also, there is a vertical section that is attached to the reo on the drivers side of the core that you can see behind the reo. (aus driver side) there is probably one on the other side too, but you cant see it.
    This stops the whole radiator support swinging around off the top bolts that hold the radiator support in place. I tried to bolt it all up without holding this in place. the actual bottom of the radiator support had tilted back at least an inch. and will not be able to get the bumper to line up because it drops the whole front of the car forward.
    More clearly in the 2nd pic here on the Ultimate Racing setup, you can see the aluminium vertical plates holding the support in place to the chassis rails. these plates did not fit. there was not even holes in the rails where it is supposed to bolt up.
    This is the reason i would be wary if the CPE or FULL RACE kits will fit either. But i do NOT know if it is the case or not.
    Maybe they do? maybe its a 5 min job to make them fit?
    Im just saying, proceed with caution.

Name:	modified-mazdaspeed3-mps-mzr-disi-turbocharged-engine-custom-performance-engineering-cpe-front-m.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	11688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UR_FMIC_MS3_10___61669_zoom.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	11689  

Do you know the current ADR rules regarding this section of the car? That to me would be the most important part of the mission and will an engineer pass it?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Do you know the current ADR rules regarding this section of the car? That to me would be the most important part of the mission and will an engineer pass it?
    Wont pass! no mod can be made to the front intrusion bar.... If you bar is modded/tampered with in any way than no

When i did my gen1 Aaron had to make brackets up for the top to mount onto radiator support.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

No that was not my concern, if anybody is worried about that, id highly suggest sticking with a tmic.

The UR fmic looks sweet Seaton.

Shame it was such a bastard to get fitment on it.

Can i just say, i found this out a long time ago with the Cp-e tow plate on the gen 2 and had to get Troy to custom it afterwards, was a pain in the butt. When i was then looking at FMIC, CP-e wasn't sure if it would fit in the Australian model or not and no one had given it a go. After alot of discussion, i ended up with a TMIC. I almost bit the bullet though. But i'm glad somehow discovered this (went through it the hard way) and gave everyone a fair warning! gen 2 USA and AUS ARE NOT THE SAME (in the front end)
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

@3MPSPWR
    The tow plate does not fit because, here in this first pic on the USA reo, you can see the tow hook mounting point requires this extension on the reo.
    2nd pic i have highlighted how the AUS reo does not have this extension on it.
    Their is definately some odd differences in it all. why they have built them differently? i can only assume its to meet different crash design rules for different countries. i dont know.

Name:	Front bar-1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	11691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2012-07-22 at 5.52.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	11692  

13. Default

Can anyone confirm is this only an issue for the Gen2? Is our Gen1 OK for an USDM kit?

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    Can anyone confirm is this only an issue for the Gen2? Is our Gen1 OK for an USDM kit?
    doubt it... the rear bumper is very different for AUS vs US

15. Default

rear bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    rear bumper?
    nvm, my bad... misunderstood the "tow" bit

What about brands like corksport fmic? Would they have the same issues as cpe fmic?

My FMIC kit from the Gen 1 fits the Gen 2.
    Inverting the core and making new brackets to support the core and pipes is all it took, or, should I keep that sort of info to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimbo View Post
    lol luke
    Huh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The cobb version... Does it look Oz friendly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast