User Tag List

Thread: Brain fried and retuned.

Default Brain fried and retuned.

Firstly a big thanks to Jim /Tunehouse again.
    48hrs and 2200 klms what a trip ( caffiend up to the eyeballs ,cold ,rain and blurry eyes.)
    I now really appreciate the shit traffic that people who live in Sydney put up with on a daily basis . FFFFFK me what a nightmare.
    Peak hour traffic ,made me brain dead and ready to kill some one . Marrickville to Pymble at 5PM took 1.5 hrs ,then onto the Newcastle freeway and (shit) everyone planted it in the race to get home from work FFFFFK .Maybe im too old , but some people really need to put up against a wall and shot for there attitude to others on the road (get out of my way and fffk everyone im in a hurry ) smell the roses ,people ,life is way too short as it is !!!!
    Anyway the good stuff, got to see Jims Toysuba 86 with all its new livery (std wheels look like bike wheels on its wide arse) They where having a photo shoot and video taken whilst i was there. Jim has got big plans ,not confirmed whether turbo or supercharger at the moment, firstly will be wheels and rubber .
    Jim the barista ,still makes good coffee as well as his part time tuning job.
    We played with my tune again and this time we pulled the ignition advance back and added cam timing to give a crisper and more responsive throttle result.
    Jim achieved a better torque curve (quicker and longer lasting in the rev range) resulting in higher achieved torque and better range .
    We dropped a little of the actual performance hp to gain a more driveable car.End result was that Jim was happy and so am i.
    Biproduct of this trip was i got to fully test out the new suspension changes ( way way more comfortable ).
    Thanks for reading my shit.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

hehe, welcome to sydney
    just be glad you werent here when there was an accident...
    a) before/after graphs
    b) yay to jim and co

Haha welcome to my world. I live at Wahroonga, about a km from the Freeway...

Got a Dyno?

Mind sharing these Suspension changes also?

Nice, sounds like fun. This is exactly what i'm going to plan on doing. Except not from sunny coast but brissy hahaha....

Keen to know these suspension changes also lol. Good job from jim n co as well

Similar story to when I had my car re tuned. The peak power was slightly less but the torque is a LOT more useable and throttle response is smoother now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Got a Dyno?
    No scanner a thome ,but getting Jim to email.
    Think its very very similar to yours Luke ( the torque graph that is ) Jim said only one other has graph like mine (Jim was laughing when i said is it Luke ) he holds his cards close . He wanted to know how i knew .

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Similar story to when I had my car re tuned. The peak power was slightly less but the torque is a LOT more useable and throttle response is smoother now.
    Exactly !! the car is a lot more power useable /responsive/

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Nice, sounds like fun. This is exactly what i'm going to plan on doing. Except not from sunny coast but brissy hahaha....
    Time your trip , so as to miss peak hr /fun sessions. If poss leave after ,go and have dinner in some of the fine marrickville asian restraunts before.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    No scanner a thome ,but getting Jim to email.
    Think its very very similar to yours Luke ( the torque graph that is ) Jim said only one other has graph like mine (Jim was laughing when i said is it Luke ) he holds his cards close . He wanted to know how i knew .

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Exactly !! the car is a lot more power useable /responsive/
    lol so wana see this .. Wonder how that could have happend? hehehe
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 20-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Haha welcome to my world. I live at Wahroonga, about a km from the Freeway...
    Ha ha all about compromises Eh , living at Wahroonga you must have heaps of dough to put up with the daily rat runs/race .
    But i,m Smiling

Im waiting for my last dyno to be emailed to me too, i wana see the difference to the last tune cuz it feels so much more voilent now!

You desperately need a Tune with your mods , just the HPFP alone will drastictly alter your trims , your closed trims will be shit ,causing you to run richer than normal .Open trims will be fine .
    Example ,when i added HPFP my trims dropped an average of 20% which Jim confirmed . So unless you have a Accesport ,Ekuteck or similar adding a HPFP without a tune will cause unnessesary fuel waste.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Im waiting for my last dyno to be emailed to me too, i wana see the difference to the last tune cuz it feels so much more voilent now!
    Ha ha ha Love the term violent!!! On cruize control coming home i noticed that @ anywhere above 2400 revs when i pressed the + button to increase speed , the bloody car took off as though i was holding it back .
    But i,m Smiling

You desperately need a Tune with your mods , just the HPFP alone will drastictly alter your trims , your closed trims will be shit ,causing you to run richer than normal .Open trims will be fine .
    Example ,when i added HPFP my trims dropped an average of 20% which Jim confirmed . So unless you have a Accesport ,Ekuteck or similar adding a HPFP without a tune will cause unnessesary fuel waste.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Ha ha ha Love the term violent!!! On cruize control coming home i noticed that @ anywhere above 2400 revs when i pressed the + button to increase speed , the bloody car took off as though i was holding it back .
    same...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    Mind sharing these Suspension changes also?
    Posted , search wheels /handling Thread . Basically Whiteline bars /moog hd end links,/ Koni FSD/ fat Cat bump stops/SPC adj camber arms /
    But i,m Smiling

Yes, i'm really really desperate at the moment. I didn't know just HPFP will alter that much trim! No wonder it always backfires like a fkn gunshot lols... Well. I'm trying to organise a time for me to drop it down to Sydney. Although people have been trying to convince me about the AP - But i'm wondering, with the AP can normal (any) tuners just do custom tunes on the dyno? Or do they have to use some program ladida etc...

Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Yes, i'm really really desperate at the moment. I didn't know just HPFP will alter that much trim! No wonder it always backfires like a fkn gunshot lols... Well. I'm trying to organise a time for me to drop it down to Sydney. Although people have been trying to convince me about the AP - But i'm wondering, with the AP can normal (any) tuners just do custom tunes on the dyno? Or do they have to use some program ladida etc...
    Yes they can but they won't be as experienced with the software as their normal weapon of choice.

If you are late in the mod path and don't mind the premium I would go see Jim for an Ecutek tune.

If you are going to keep fiddling go with the AP.

If you don't know what you are doing and don't care to monitor things go the Ecutek.

That's my thoughts :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Yea got what ya mean.
    Unfortunately still deciding. I do like to fiddle lol but still unsure about my weapon of choice for tuning, although desperately need a solution soon.
    Just wished we had more like workshops that are familiar with these cars in brisbane... Either way, i'll see what i come up with i suppose... Wouldn't mind having the AP on the side anyway to monitor parameters even with Ecutek.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yes they can but they won't be as experienced with the software as their normal weapon of choice.

If you are late in the mod path and don't mind the premium I would go see Jim for an Ecutek tune.

If you are going to keep fiddling go with the AP.

If you don't know what you are doing and don't care to monitor things go the Ecutek.

That's my thoughts :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

To fiddle or not to fiddle that is the question???????
    Going by your signature, you obviously enjoy your car. The real question is do you have the mech knowledge to alter and play with accessport parameters ?????? You can easily do major damage which would negate the initial cost.
    There are major benfits and minuses to both ,but get one soon ,as you have already invested heavily and currently not reaping the benefits.
    A tune will give you a different animal and would love to see your face after.
    Understand your reasons to monitor and there are several options (Dashawk ,dashdaq, and may be others ,my dashawk monitors and clears cels as well as most parameters needed.
    Happy ponderings!!!
    But i,m Smiling

Hahaha yea, i know. Thats y i'm stuck in abit of a runt... Although i love my cars, actually tuning it "properly" is a whole another ball game i think. I got a question if i fiddle with it shits gonna go wrong lol. Thats y desperately seeking professional. Currently leaning on the tunehouse option. I have invested in this car too far to back out now hahaha and definitely agree that i need a proper tune, seems stupid to be running such mods on stock ecu. Hope its not dangerous... lol

As with the monitoring, i actually have like an obd2 reader called Auterra dash dyno something or rather, but i didn't think it was that user friendly and i kinda hate it and the program it came with is just plainly. Shit. lol what a waste of money, shoulda just gotten a dashhawk or something... Still wouldn't mind a AP as it seems so user friendly lol

To fiddle or not to fiddle that is the question???????
    Going by your signature, you obviously enjoy your car. The real question is do you have the mech knowledge to alter and play with accessport parameters ?????? You can easily do major damage which would negate the initial cost.
    There are major benfits and minuses to both ,but get one soon ,as you have already invested heavily and currently not reaping the benefits.
    A tune will give you a different animal and would love to see your face after.
    Understand your reasons to monitor and there are several options (Dashawk ,dashdaq, and may be others ,my dashawk monitors and clears cels as well as most parameters needed.
    Happy ponderings!!!
    Current: