User Tag List

Thread: 12 Month Service - cost?

Default 12 Month Service - cost?

Hi all, I just booked in with the local service people for the 12 month service on my MPS, I got wheel alignment included, but over the phone they said the maximum it would cost would be $525..

That seems a bit excessive? Unfortunately there are no other official Mazda service agents up here... I'm taking it there because you get the "free" roadside assistance, but it's not really free if you're paying a premium for the service.

Just wondering what other people paid for their 12 month service?

This question is like asking 'what is the meaning of life'. Everyone is going to have a different answer and there is absoloutely no way of knowing what is right.....
    pretty sure that's why nobody has responded to you.

All I will say is that people call them 'stealerships' for a reason.

Given you're talking about a 12 month service, i assume you have a new car that is under warranty? If this is the case, I'd take it to the dealer as any warranty issues will be dealt with accordingly, and you're not going to get that from an independent mechanic.

Your price seems about reasonable for what a dealership will charge. It's a pretty basic service, they'll do fluids, tighten a few items and visually inspect the rest as per the manual. You're looking at about 150 bucks of fluids. Few hours of labour, probably $200. Wheel alignment $100. Brings you pretty much up to your figure. I do believe dealerships have their place.....they're great other than the price. Dealerships will do other things that an independant won't, such as update software, perform service bulletin checks, they have the right tools and diagnostic software, and they're trained to work on the car. They're also much more accountable after the fact if things go wrong......but if you're worried about cost which is obvious based on this thread well....

you'll get a cheaper price from an independant, and if you're capable of DIY, half that again.

Summary: if you're inside warranty, take to dealer and make sure you complain about every single squeek and rattle - they have to fix it.

If not under warranty, learn how to change your own oil and you'll never complain about the cost of the service again because you can't do it any cheaper. If your skill level is '0 out of 10' ask around and find a mechanic who won't rip you off.

I just did the 20,000km/12 month service on my MPS. $398.

My 10,000km service was $296.

Hmm.. my 10,000km service was $383 including wheel rotation, so I guess that lines up with the 20,000km service costing around $500 with wheel alignment.