User Tag List

Thread: How many K's sould i do before getting Ecuteked

Default How many K's sould i do before getting Ecuteked

i have done all of 518Ks how many should i do before letting it rip on a dyno.

Only other mods i am gonna do is Corksport SRI and TIP
    HPFP for peace of mind
    Magnaflow muffler for a deeper tone
    CPE 60 duro REM

I don't wanna go the other bolt ons like DP etc it's just gonna be another $1100 of extra wheel spin.

If thats all you plan to do (yeah right, famous last words lol) you'll be better off with the cobb AP at far less money, don't need to run it on the dyno to tune, and still have scope for mods later on without needing to go back on a dyno and get retuned (costly)

But to answer your question, you shouldn't need to worry about how many km your car has done, but to be safe i'd personally wait a couple of thousand km

I'd wait till after 2nd service just to make sure there are zero issues before you get into warranty arguments

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I'd wait till after 2nd service just to make sure there are zero issues before you get into warranty arguments

^^this^^ Get the Cobb AP and you can run a base tune, when your car goes in for service flash it back to standard.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Only thing I disagree with is the tune.
    If you are going to stick to your mods I'd go ecutek.
    If you were going to keep adding parts I'd go Cobb ap.

Speak to tunehouse about ecutek tuning.
    They can also service your car, else try tom kerr at ryde.

its always good to run your motor in, it take's generally about 2000km of non WOT running to run one in properly, for the 1st 1000km no constant speed, if you want your motor to last, as it gives the rings/pistons a chance to "settle" in the bore's and break's in your main & con rod bearings.
    after 2000km change oil and treat it as normal till 5000Km (first service should be done early as running in a motor "dirties" the oil really quick), oil change and then tune

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I don't wanna go the other bolt ons like DP etc it's just gonna be another $1100 of extra wheel spin.
    Thats Why i have the 6

I so wish the 3's came out in AWD they'd be unstoppable
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 16-07-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

My salesman told me that the first lot of oil was supposed to stay in for the first 10 000km's. I don't know what they did at the 1000km service

yeah dont believe that at all, just because the cars manual say every 10,000km, it means that that's how long it takes for the oil to start to degrade under normal use, but waiting this long can cause major problems eg. the Holden Rodeo, the manual says to change the oil every 10,000km but if you do as the book says the oil runs that feed the oil back down in to the sump start to block up when that happens your engine starts to starve of oil, because all the oil is up in the top of the engine and cant flow back down to the sump, no oil/starvation = blown motor

So dont trust the books completely, change your oil at every 5000km to ensure long engine life, if you thrashing your car around a lot then change at 2500km.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

They are meant to run mineral oil for the first 1000, dump it, flush and replace with full synth.