User Tag List

Thread: Really concerned about delivery of new mazda 3 mps!

Default Really concerned about delivery of new mazda 3 mps!

Hey guys, ive just purchased a brand new 2012 mps in crystal white pearl, direct order for me. Not one sittimg on a yard. Upon sale I explained to the sales guy that i want to be given the car in plastic basically how it gets deliveres to them. As,you can,imagine I got some strange looks. The sales guy explained to me that they are shipped with a protective wax coating for when there on the boats and that they would need to give it a quick smicken up before handing it over.
    Now im really worried about,what to do as I dont want my brand new car,being swirled or scratched by,careless apprentices that,could not care how they perform the clean

need thought, thanks guys

Considering every other car here has been delivered the same way I wouldn't worry.
    I would however consider taking to a detailed to have it cleaned up and sealed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Search detailing forums for guys that can do proper preparation/paint protection etc if your not confident in doing it your self, i'm gonna get mine done at Reflect Effects since i'm in Sydney he seems to know his stuff and havent found any bad comments from his work.

Dave at Reflect Effect does quite a good job.

As does Scott at Superior Shine, also in NSW. There are a few others I can recommend, depending on where in NSW you are.

One thing to mention though. Whilst it may not be sitting in a yard here, there's a reasonable chance it may be sitting in the factory yard in Japan.

If I were you, I'd be asking the dealer to instruct any detailers that work on the car not to machine polish it, and that you will get your own detailer to handle that.

They can still prep the car (ie. remove the transit adhesives using products like prepsol/Carpro Eraser/IPA wipe etc) and even put a layer of sealant or wax on the paint surface, but no machine polish.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Not sure on Mazda but i know Ford give the cars a wax while sitting in the yard off site (New cars) and leave the residu on the car to protect it from the elements. Obviously your really caring about the state of the car which is more then understandable make sure you give it 1 or 2 going overs with you and a mate or a detailer to pick up any issues after delivery. Other then that do what Caffeine Fiend has mentioned
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Cheers guys, some good tips, make me feel alittle better. I think its prob silly not getting them to atleast remove the adhesive residue and wash it. Otherwise it will be hard to view the paints condition upon picking up. I will def be sure that they are clear they are not to machine polish the car. I just hope its a nice day weather wise as white can be hard to see swirls even on a sunny day

Heh taking pedantic detailing to a new level here, you would probably go completely insane if you bought a black car! I like it!

Haha you got that ryte mate, I wanted black but couldnt bring myself to do it haha. You just hear the horror story's and yothe cars only new once. Sure nothing stays new forever but id like to hope it can be ryte when I pick it up

Congrats on the new purchase! I'd take it to a professional detailer like Shaneski and Caffeine Fiend said above. Pro's have the equipment and knowlegde how to repair pretty much anything that the hacks at the dealer can do to it.

-Tyler

10. Default

Mate I work for the company that transports All mazda's Australia wide, (CEVA Logistics) They are telling you the truth they are coated with wax like product. Mazda stopped using the static plastic about 7 years ago, I think holdens are the only one's that still use it beause it's cheaper. The stuff Mazda sprays on also protects the car from the salt water when sitting at the wharf.

I can get good price's for vehicle transport, If any members need it send me a PM

Hey mate sorry to disagree but that's not completely true. Mazda were using plastics on all there car up untill the bl was released but I think they r using a cotton like fablic now from memory ( like Audi use ). I know this as I worked for gold coast Mazda as a detailer and a stock controller. At the minute I am still detailing for Toyota now and they still use plastic to cover there cars, as well as hyundai, and vw. But back to the point, if I was u I would let them detail it as they have all the right products and if there standards r as high as gold coast mazdas Ur baby is in safe hands. Plus Ur getting white so that's an easy colour to work with.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    But back to the point, if I was u I would let them detail it as they have all the right products and if there standards r as high as gold coast mazdas Ur baby is in safe hands. Plus Ur getting white so that's an easy colour to work with.
    The thing though, is that different dealerships use different detailers, so there's no guarantee of a single standard level from dealer to dealer. I've had contact with a lot of detailers around the country, many of whom have worked for automotive dealerships, and few of them have good things to say about their relationships with car dealers.

I've also had a number of brand new cars come to me within a day or two of being delivered and I've seen some atrocious work done including but not limited to buffer trails, polish residue on plastics, adhesives on the panels not removed, even down to simple mistakes like having sling all up the sides of the car from using the wrong type of tire shine or too much of it

Many dealerships concern themselves primarily with how hard they can drive a bargain with detailers and quite often the quality of the work suffers as a result.

So not every dealer's standards as as high unfortunately. If they were I'd have a lot more free weekends lol

Conversely, work from the two aforementioned detailers is well documented and very much a known quantity.

My 2c

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

U r very much correct there, I standards and detailing arnt all the same. I was more getting at the " wax coating" as Mazda don't do that, more to the point there are a limited number of car makes that do. Out sourced details r the better option of course but as I am a detailer if a car needs a buff there really is no way around it. Just make sure that the car is in direct sun light when u check it over. Even better get it under fluorescent (sorry if I spelt that wrong lol) light as that's the best for seeing swirl marks from a buff.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Well guys just an update, I view the car exactly how it arrived to them, plastic on bonenet and roof turret and thats a 2012 plate. There was def no wax coating, however once the plastic was pealed back id say it would have left a residue. Left them with very strict instructions and beside way too much tyre shine which sprayed all up the side and some wax residue around the door handles, im very happy with there detailing job. And there whole service!

Good to hear.

good stuff!

i am a bit worried about you - if the delivery process and detail has caused you to lose sleep you're going to be catatonic the first time you have to leave it in a public car park!

^

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    good stuff!

i am a bit worried about you - if the delivery process and detail has caused you to lose sleep you're going to be catatonic the first time you have to leave it in a public car park!
    Haha, yeh mate it is abit of a worry isnt it lol

Good to hear your new toy was delivered the way you wanted it!
    I had very little trust in my dealership, unfortunately I discovered this distrust after signing the paperwork. Their sales team was as expected - dodgy. Their service manager was an arrogant piece of work, and from what I've heard, their detailers are on a quota of cars to be prepared, so they are most often rush jobs, leaving wax/polish residues, missed sections, and *shudder* swirl marks.

Quite often, many dealerships will use reasonable detailers, but will drive them so hard on the per-car rate or compressed timeframe, that they often can't do a proper job. That's why a lot of 3rd party detailers avoid working for dealerships if they can. It can be a mugs game, depending on the dealership. Sometimes though, as anyone who's run their own business knows, you've got to take work like that to keep the business afloat.

I do know of some detailers though who have quite amicable relationships with some of the dealers they do regular work for. Those relationships will still quite often have a "per-car" rate, but if there are instances where a car may need more than a 'standard' detail, they have the ability to negotiate a higher rate/more time to complete the job properly.

But they're few and far between from what I understand