User Tag List

Thread: Gen 2 Koni FSD + Adj Camber armsl + FCM lnstal / review.

Default Gen 2 Koni FSD + Adj Camber armsl + FCM lnstal / review.

Finally after ordering FSD ,then changing to Bilstein ,then back to FSD due to being screwed around with availability my upgrades arrived.YAH.
    Installed 2 weeks ago and time for review.
    Gen 2 Koni FSD part no 2100.4039 , now with a 20% damping rate improvement over previous part no.s for gen 1,s .
    SPC adjustable rear camber arms .
    Fat Cat motorsports front bumpstops and adjustment plates .
    (previously installed whiteline adj sway bars) with hd moog end links.

Overall install time was approx 8hrs ,but i have OCD and am very particular. Hah.
    This car is now a totally different animal , the short sharp and stiff OEM responce to road bumps has been dramatically reduced , road noise has been reduced significantly, braking nose dive has been almost totally eliminated , steering responce is way better, so overall brilliant modification.The car now feels planted to the road ,turn in is more responsive ,but still have some slight understeer . Up to 80klms hr the car is way more comfortable and once over 80 the FSD seem to self adj to the higher frequency and become stiffer.

Many thanks to Lea Grimes ITT consultant Koni Nth America for tech info and email replies.Lea was the tester for both koni sports and FSD on the MPS platform and he has over 60k of road time using several FSD part no,s .
    Fulcrum dealer for time spent on wheel alignment (rear camber now -1.0 deg ) previously -2.17 deg.
    Shaik at FCM for tech info and linear bump stops.

Initial OEM wheel centre to apex of wheel arch height ,there was a height discrepency between heights (oem shocks built to a price where shit) that is now rectified with new suspension. Wheel heights front and rear are equal .
    Front OEM bumpstops are very hard (no linear compression) rear OEM bumpstops re utilized as they add to rear spring rates and are fine to reuse.
    Oem springs retained as Koni do not recommend using lower springs with FSD.

Problems encountered with install was zero, reused front strut bearings and spring bushes (24k) cleaned and repacked .Used anti seize grease to install struts to lower arm,re torqued all bolts to spec and scribed all strut top bolts before disassemble ,so as to install new FSD to as close as poss to original position.
    Re used OEM strut piston top nut as it is higher and allows easier tightening , cut the OEM yellow boot retainer and modified to suit FSD stut , this allowed for reuse and position off dust boot.
    The only issue was the Koni FSD instruction sheets ( they are shit) not very informative !
    So for a very moderate modification price ,FSD $600.00 US ,Camber arms $200.00US FCM $ 90.00US and approx 8 hrs of your time , you will gain heaps of improvement and be as happy as i am .
    Last edited by Oldhead; 14-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Paul, thanks for the right up, permission for mini hijack!

I have upcoming spending's, camber arms are on the list...
    @StreetUnit:
    MAZDASPEED 3 Rear Camber Links $230
    SPC Camber Arm: MS3, Mazda 3 USD$93 (for 1) -1.5 degree to +5.0 degree

@Eric@edgeautosport.com
    Eibach Pro Alignment Kit Rear Camber Arms Mazdaspeed 3 MS3 $199
    SPC Rear Camber Arms Mazdaspeed 3 MS3 USD$93

@TylerAtCorkSport;
    https://www.corksport.com/corksport-...mber-arms.html US199

Both Edge and Street Unit stock the SPC unit, so how did Fulcrum tech rate them?

Did you look into the Eibach kit or even Corksport version?

Cheers

Brad.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

the mazdaspeed links is what im running.. there good with 1' drops

yeh i think i may need some soon - the mazdaspeeds look nice, but no adjustability - although i'm guessing that might make them less prone to knocking and clunking.

you've missed the Sure Guerilla arms though - these are one of the most sexual bits of gear ever - pity they cost so much, and that you can't even see them once installed!

Guerrilla Arms

I remember those now...Very cool, but at $165 per arm, F-me.

Brad,

We've had great feedback on our camber arms. Everyone seems to love it, the only negative so far as been the install. The camber arms can be a pain due to the fuel filler location .

-Tyler

Thanks for the feedback Tyler.

Brad, you have the gen2 ,so no worries about instalation of SPC adj camber arms at all. Not difficult at all . No clunking or noise , once fixed into position and tightened .No fuel filler prob for gen 2 !
    Tip, fully wind out both inner and outer arm and lightly grease with anti seize then wind back in fully ,this will assist so as the adjustment will never seize (severe envirement ) road dirt and water .
    Coat the small pinch bolt in anti seize and swap the nut for a S/S lock nut , this will help again with corrosion and seizing of the pinch bolt.
    Adjustment is difficult with wheel on as you need a 32mm open ended spanner and space is limited ,match exactly the bolt spread of the OEM arm and then wind out the outer arm /eye approx half a turn equals 0.5 degree..
    You really need a magnetic camber degree gauge to stick to the wheel hub to get acurate camber , I have set mine at negative 1.0 degree and am happy at moment.
    Hope this helps.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Awesome Paul, thanks.

Default Re: Gen 2 Koni FSD + Adj Camber armsl + FCM lnstal / review.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerAtCorkSport View Post
    Brad,

We've had great feedback on our camber arms. Everyone seems to love it, the only negative so far as been the install. The camber arms can be a pain due to the fuel filler location .

-Tyler
    @TylerAtCorkSport can I add some more negative feedback, when do you think your container will arrive in Australia for MPS Garage to distribute?

Its been a month now. If I'd gone with Edge I would have had camber arms 3 weeks ago

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 26-10-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2