User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diagnose My Datalog - Cutting in 4th @ WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Stage 2 Maps. Unless you are missing with a stage 1, though I doubt it.
    Where's recommended to get these plugs from ? I assuming Australian pricing is expensive ?

The 1 step colder in the Denso brand are ITV22 and are available on edge's website.
    Denso Iridium ITV20 ITV22 ITV24 Spark Plugs Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 MZR DISI

Mitch, mine are gapped to .64 - it may look stupid but was MUCH easier with the vice.. actually saved me time and I was able to be gentle through the process..

3. Default

Hoping it's plugs that are causing this, mines weird at the moment, it's running stock plugs and gaps running around 19psi and adanced timing via Ecutek i have ordered the colder NGKS from edge. If i give it a smashing around the back streets after its warmed up it feels like a missle. If i drive it for a while then get on a freeway it hesitates in 4th and somes times 3rd feels sluggish and inconsistant, the engine note even changes like it's pulling power back. On the dyno everything seems briliant . Just seems to do it after driving for a while

Wow, there are so many threads on this issue. My variant of the problem is not under WOT, it occurs under medium acceleration at around 2500 to 3000 rpm. Last night I gapped to 0.028" and changed new spark plugs (NGK stock replacements), cleaned the MAF, changed the air filter and stretched the coil pack springs - all fixes I've seen people implement in other threads. This was all done with the battery disconnected. I took the car for a drive afterwards and it appeared "better" but still there.

So frustrating.

I only bought the car on Saturday too!

I'm going to order a Cobb AP and EGR delete to see if that helps. Some people are saying that the wastegate solenoid can cause this, and also the VVT actuator.

Wherevare you located ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Wherevare you located ?

I'm in NSW, on the Central Coast

Someone nearby might have a dashhawk you can borrow to data log?

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Hoping it's plugs that are causing this, mines weird at the moment, it's running stock plugs and gaps running around 19psi and adanced timing via Ecutek i have ordered the colder NGKS from edge. If i give it a smashing around the back streets after its warmed up it feels like a missle. If i drive it for a while then get on a freeway it hesitates in 4th and somes times 3rd feels sluggish and inconsistant, the engine note even changes like it's pulling power back. On the dyno everything seems briliant . Just seems to do it after driving for a while
    19psi is a lot of boost for an ECUTEC tune on stock turbo

its pretty common to see 19psi especially in colder weather.. I was hitting 22psi on stage 2 map had to reduce my wgdc as it was spiking due to cold weather, now sits on about 19-20. K04 can hold over 20psi in lower rpm, as long as it tapers right off towards redline its not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    its pretty common to see 19psi especially in colder weather.. I was hitting 22psi on stage 2 map had to reduce my wgdc as it was spiking due to cold weather, now sits on about 19-20. K04 can hold over 20psi in lower rpm, as long as it tapers right off towards redline its not an issue.
    I always thought that anything over 18psi is a waste ur just blowing hot air,I think I read on MSF.please correct if I'm wrong.your right about cold weather my tuner told me same thing today.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I always thought that anything over 18psi is a waste ur just blowing hot air,I think I read on MSF.please correct if I'm wrong.your right about cold weather my tuner told me same thing today.
    18psi at redline...
    Through the midrange you can run more and the turbo is still efficient
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    18psi at redline...
    Through the midrange you can run more and the turbo is still efficient
    Thanks, I still have a lot to learn about our cars

13. Default

My plugs just arrived today, effing post person left them in the letter box hanging out, won't get to change them until the weekend. does battery need to be disconnected, hate goin through tthat relearn curve for the ECU.

Don't think its 'required' however its generally good practice to reset battery with any changes that may affect the performance of the car

If you are just changing plugs no, if you are changing plugs because you have a problem then yes.

16. Default

I wil do a spark plug change with no baterry disconnect , if it stil stutters in 4th i wil do a battery d/c, if it stil happens will try a BPV replacement (turbosmart Kompact).

Any news Shaneski?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

18. Default

Yes @DannersAU was the small hose that goes from boost control solonoid to intake had no clamps that one of the forum vendors effed up during install, i don't have that set up any more ..oh and @Jmac this site is lacking memes Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justin.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	16293
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234