User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diagnose My Datalog - Cutting in 4th @ WOT

1. Default

I don't see anything that jumps out at me on the log, and as the other lads were saying it could be blowout of spark. Is there a difference on the cut from cold to warm ambient temperatures? Also try doing the 4th gear wot on a slight inclined road to add some load so that you could remove that from the equation.

This is a long shot.... Hows your battery for charge? I know in my old Neo when the battery started to die the engine developed a lack of power at times esp at night with lights on. How does your car start of a cold morning?
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 14-07-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Have you tried closing the plug gap a bit over standard?
    If you havn't, try about 0.1mm smaller gap.

Had a similar problem on another car, would hesitate on WOT. This occurred after increasing boost. Closing the plug gap a touch fixed it.

It's said somewhere on the NGK site about decreasing the gap slightly when combustion chamber temps are increased due to increased boost or modifications

4. Default

I was having what I beleive to be the same problem as you. Load cut when stepping on it after flashing an OTS stage 1 tune. I've now flashed back to 'stage 0' for some comparison. I'm yet to start pushing it as I'm under the 1st 100miles before doing testing. I'm wondering about these tunes... I personally reckon you might be better of following a how to guide like "Abilor's" and dialing the car in yourself. Does anyone know who was involved in the tuning? What fuel were they using? They're probably the best people to chat with.

I've recently bought an Honeycomb Air Straightener from a shop in the US for cheap. (Honeycomb for MAF ) The idea is to give less turbulence over the area. Some MSF guys seem convinced. Also have you cleaned your MAF sensor?
    2007 MPS3

Thanks for the input all, I will try the spring stretch and down the gap on the plugs this weekend and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    I was having what I beleive to be the same problem as you. Load cut when stepping on it after flashing an OTS stage 1 tune. I've now flashed back to 'stage 0' for some comparison. I'm yet to start pushing it as I'm under the 1st 100miles before doing testing. I'm wondering about these tunes... I personally reckon you might be better of following a how to guide like "Abilor's" and dialing the car in yourself. Does anyone know who was involved in the tuning? What fuel were they using? They're probably the best people to chat with.

I've recently bought an Honeycomb Air Straightener from a shop in the US for cheap. (Honeycomb for MAF ) The idea is to give less turbulence over the area. Some MSF guys seem convinced. Also have you cleaned your MAF sensor?
    Thanks mate, ill give it a go as a last resort. yeah I cleaned the MAF a few months back.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    This is a long shot.... Hows your battery for charge? I know in my old Neo when the battery started to die the engine developed a lack of power at times esp at night with lights on. How does your car start of a cold morning?
    Im pretty sure the battery is OK as it always reads 13.7 charge for the alternator on the dash hawk, that said its the orig battery from a dec 07 delivered car... soo..... maybe its on its way out too. It does always kick over perfectly though.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by kritz View Post
    I don't see anything that jumps out at me on the log, and as the other lads were saying it could be blowout of spark. Is there a difference on the cut from cold to warm ambient temperatures? Also try doing the 4th gear wot on a slight inclined road to add some load so that you could remove that from the equation.
    I USED to have this issue on stock tune and the MAZDASPEED CAI, since not using that with my other mods ive not had any issues on an incline.
    Its a strange one because I can feel it but nothing is noticeable on the logs.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

I had a similar thing, was getting popping and slight loss of power on wot, wasnt always 4th gear though, logs showed nothing out of the ordinary.
    I think the thing that fixed it was running a stage 1 ots map, but I did re-gap my plugs to 0.026. Havent had it since.

Any developments?

Actually in Sydney this weekend so not yet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alright going to try to fix this today.
    What is the recommended gap if reducing?

0.74 mm is what factory mazda's are

26 thousands of an inch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

One of the spark plugs looks a bit blunt compared to the others which is strange.... Did the spring stretch anyway. Have spare plugs at home so will replace next weekend and try but im not convinced this is the issue, would spark blowout or a misfire show up in the logs?

Last edited by Jmac; 08-08-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Still missing. Will replace plug and report back

With the added performance of your mods and the AP. I would set the plug gap 0.1mm less than standard.
    Assuming the new plugs don't fix it first

im at stock gap on itv22's currently..
    im thinking i should go back to 20's

Noticed my stft at 4k are plus 30 wtf

Swapped stock BOV back and it is a little better, or so I thought this morning. back to missing...

datalog6.csv
    datalog7.csv
    datalog8.csv
    datalog9.csv

More logs, last one is getting up to speed then WOT after 2k in 5th..

Help?

Last edited by Jmac; 08-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast