User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaved badge delete tailgate pics

Default Shaved badge delete tailgate pics

Hey guys, as you might know some scumbag keyed my hatch two weekends ago.

But sometimes good things come out of misfortune.

I took the opportunity to get the badges removed and have the holes for the badge locating pins welded up before the tailgate was resprayed.

With the wiper delete, i reckon it really cleans up the rear.

(apologies for the pic. Those white markers in the reflection don't look great.....)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342049392.819157.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	11569

Very tidy!

Sent from my iPhone

Glad you were able to find a silver lining after everything!

I've never really been a fan of debadging personally, but it looks like a really neat job!

Yeh it still hurt the hip pocket - could have bought a new TMIC instead.

I wasn't convinced before doing it - but I think it looks ok. I will do something with the reflectors - maybe clear ones.

And if I want the badges back on, double sided tape or a dab of sikaflex and it's back to stock.

Loving it bro! Keen to do that too!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    And if I want the badges back on, double sided tape or a dab of sikaflex and it's back to stock.
    Nope. Once you've had a bear rear you never go back

Looks the goods matey!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

very tidy...i do actually like it...

I like that. Looks good!

-Tyler

Yeh it still hurt the hip pocket - could have bought a new TMIC instead.

I wasn't convinced before doing it - but I think it looks ok. I will do something with the reflectors - maybe clear ones.

I went with the badgeless option after my accident too, looks much better IMO, although I still have the rear wiper

I have some LED smoked rear reflectors in mine hooked up to the parking lights (black during the day, red at night), I'll throw some pics up over the weekend if that sounds like the sort of thing you are after.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I went with the badgeless option after my accident too, looks much better IMO, although I still have the rear wiper

I have some LED smoked rear reflectors in mine hooked up to the parking lights (black during the day, red at night), I'll throw some pics up over the weekend if that sounds like the sort of thing you are after.
    Yeh that's exactly what i'm after - i ordered some through street unit but then they said the supplier has stopped making them and i've been trying to find any on ebay.

Where did you get yours?

Originally I bought them from ebay (the speedline), however after the accident they were no longer able to supply the LED smoked relfectors

02+ Mazda3 Mazdaspeed3 LED Long Smoke Reflector

but they could supply the non-LED smoked variety,

02+ Mazda3 Mazdaspeed3 Smoke Long Reflector

and the red LED kind (now with 2 levels of brightness)

02~08 Mazda3 BK RED LED Long Reflector

A sharp knife, some swearing, a dab of silicone, a smear of araldite, some more swearing, and I had eventually created the bastard offspring of the 2 kinds of reflectors mentioned above.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Yeh that's exactly what i'm after - i ordered some through street unit but then they said the supplier has stopped making them and i've been trying to find any on ebay.

Where did you get yours?
    I got mine from the same place (speedline) (eBay)
    @SMOKEY Just in case, this is what mine look like

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I took all my badges off while i was painting them and using red electrical tape to cover holes, i gotta say i loved it looked so mean in True Red with tinted lights and the black plastic of the diffuser, was the most angriest rear end i've seen on a car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I took all my badges off while i was painting them and using red electrical tape to cover holes, i gotta say i loved it looked so mean in True Red with tinted lights and the black plastic of the diffuser, was the most angriest rear end i've seen on a car lol.
    Nice @Bakis - pity we won't see you sat, James!

I've got some very light smoke tint film coming from metrorestyling for the rear lights as an experiment.

I wanted to seperate the rear lights and shadow chrome the rings but apparantly they're heat welded together and can't be seperated.

But I don't want to make everything too dark will lose definition and just become a blob - so clear lights on a a dark car with the clear LED's might be best..

Sure now have a solution for the rear wiper delete

http://www.suremotorsports.com/produ...er-arm-delete/

Peter "SLIXX"

Good stuff, looks quality as always with their gear.

Only thing I will point out is the one I used is glass, and it also sits flush with the rear windscreen rather than sticking up. Bit cleaner IMO. Cost was 30 bucks delivered from zee Germans (it was to fit a mk5 golf, but measurements are the same).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355623912.464864.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	13329

Oh - and one other thing; they're not legal. I had to reinstall my rest wiper for Rwc - so if you're a nanny and insist kn toeing the legal line, just be aware.

$32.50!!! Plus postage $60 What are they trying to do?? I've had mine done for a while, $4 for a pack of 3 rubber grommets from Supercheap.

While the button itself looks cool, its definitely not the best solution if what you are after is a cleaner look.

Hey guys

few people have PM'd me asking me for a link to the glass stopper I was using

here it is:

Heckwischerabdeckung aus Glas - Heckwischerabdeckung, Blindstopfen, Kappe, Glasstopfen, De-wiper, Plug, Grommet, Cap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast