User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 Bottom Grill

Default MPS6 Bottom Grill

Has anyone tried or managed to remove the bottom grill of the MPS6?

Seems like its held on by clips to the front bumper.

Wanna see if I can replace it with mesh :P

If you do it, I wan that grill!

u break urs? :P

ill give it a go in a few days

yes its do-able check out my album on my page

It comes out from inside. To do it right you should drop the entire bumper. You can undo some clips from outside if you have nimble fingers but not all of them if memory serves correctly. Then even if you do get them all undone, you can't get the grill out. I'd be careful with mesh depending on the pattern you can seriously restrict the airflow.

the grill just un-click's from the bumper, it will draw a lot of po po attention tho mine did i've changed it back now because off that reason, i didnt even get looked at with the black but with chrome its like a target

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

it will take you about 2.5hr's of fiddling around just to get the bumper off the first time, those clips are bastards

oh.. wasnt gonna go chrome.. still sticking to black.

its the normal ones u get from autobarn or supercheap.. jus wanna see how it looks

if it doesnt suit then back to original

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Had a look at the pics AXS.. looks good

shoulda tried black as well. Might try and do the fog inserts too

Quote Originally Posted by EDZMPS View Post
    u break urs? :P

ill give it a go in a few days
    No no
    Just want to use it for another part of the car

oh.. wasnt gonna go chrome.. still sticking to black.

its the normal ones u get from autobarn or supercheap.. jus wanna see how it looks

if it doesnt suit then back to original

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Had a look at the pics AXS.. looks good

shoulda tried black as well. Might try and do the fog inserts too
    I have black on there now as it looks better, i had to do my fog inserts due to the hdi fmic piping banging on the fog lights
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

So u were able to remove the grill without taking bumper.off? The fogs r simple

So u were able to remove the grill without taking bumper.off? The fogs r simple
    no the bumper has to be off, its to hard to get to with it on, i removed all the black plastic at the front
    i did it for weight as its a bit of work but you save almost 7kg and weight out of the front end in our cars is a good thing (not so good for the 3's)
    i'd just keep the black plastic in there, wait till you get a FMIC and do it all at once
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

You can take the grill off without removing the bumper, I did it once can't remember what I was doing it for but it's a right pain in the arse to take it off without removing the bumper. I think I used a screwdriver to release all the clips by bending the grill outward/inward.

Just take the bumper off. its a 15min job

ill have a go on the weekend

for the info guys

Wot I said way back. Just take the bumper off and don't try to take a short cut which involves tweezing odd-shaped tools through the grille elements and exerting difficult pressure to undo the inside clips from outside. Even if you get them all undone, you can't get the grill out without excessively distorting it to get it out the front aperture or to try and get it out from underneath, as there are other plastic elements in the way. If you are doing an FMIC or want to chrome your wash water bottle or something equally inaccessible, then wait until you have to take the bumper off for that and do the grill at the same time. A 15-30 minute job once you know how. The inside guard valance clips are pests as someone else noted. The 10mm bolts on the underneath splash valances underneath are OK. Then you need three universal joints in your wrists to disconnect the foglight plugs, horns and wash bottle lines and bottle. Use a blanket to drop the bumper onto - it weighs bugger all - a few kg at most.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Seems pretty straight forward enough :-) might even try replace the fogs with drls. Ur right might as well do it right the first time then take a short cut.

btw how did u attach the mesh? cable ties?

18. Default

hi guys, can anyone please tell me if the lower grill on the 6 can be removed without removing the bar? If so has anyone successfully done this and could you please outline how to do it. I've read conflicting info regarding whether you need to push the grill in or pull out??

thanks

It can be done. Use a screwdriver and see which way the clips go. Really though just remove the bumper its so easy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    It can be done. Use a screwdriver and see which way the clips go. Really though just remove the bumper its so easy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    This....

It takes about 10mins to remove the bar, would take triple that just to try and work out where the clips are from the outside.
    Once you remove the bar, the girl just pulls out
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast