User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan (Caff) & Pete (Slixx) Paint Calipers

1. Default

looking awesome. What colour do you guys reckon would suit a Cosmic Blue MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by js0n1 View Post
    looking awesome. What colour do you guys reckon would suit a Cosmic Blue MPS?
    I reckon red or yellow. Depends if you want them to stand out

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Just a heads up, I put clear over my decals and it made them bubble and shrink, had to replace one... Same clear as Pete used, not sure what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Just a heads up, I put clear over my decals and it made them bubble and shrink, had to replace one... Same clear as Pete used, not sure what happened.
    Did any of them work out?
    How long I'd you wait before applying the clear?

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I only tried it on one, I waited at least 24hrs for the caliper paint to dry before I painted the clear over it. It bubbled almost straight away, I don't know if spraying would make a difference, but I sprayed a bit on the sticker once I pulled it off and it completely shrunk it so be careful. I remember reading somewhere that they don't require clear over them.. I drove a day with just the stickers on and they were fine. I read it's either from the solvents in the clear or moisture on the decal. Might leave it for a week first.
    Last edited by dazza; 11-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I only tried it on one, I waited at least 24hrs for the caliper paint to dry before I painted the clear over it. It bubbled almost straight away, I don't know if spraying would make a difference, but I sprayed a bit on the sticker once I pulled it off and it completely shrunk it so be careful. I remember reading somewhere that they don't require clear over them.. I drove a day with just the stickers on and they were fine. I read it's either from the solvents in the clear or moisture on the decal. Might leave it for a week first.
    I've put clear over the colour without the sticker
    Gonna put the sticker over the clear and put a light covering to see how it goes

We shall see!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

7. Default

Looks good guys, a cheap and easy to do mod that looks great,

i painted my calipers, then cleared, put the sticker on and cleared it again a few times
    , paint was tacky between coats, no dramas with bleeding i used vht caliper paint n clear

Does this mean everytime we change pad at the back and replace the rattle springs, we will seriously have repaint?

I'm guessing if so, it the design of the Caliper and not all are designed like this?

Peter "SLIXX"

It would be easy enough to spray a small amount of paint into a disposable plastic container and reach through the wheel to brush paint the spring clips if it's really bothersome. 5 min job if you're careful

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    It would be easy enough to spray a small amount of paint into a disposable plastic container and reach through the wheel to brush paint the spring clips if it's really bothersome. 5 min job if you're careful
    I'm guessing it's just the rear brakes this applies to?

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Guess so. I don't think it's anything to really be concerned about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12