User Tag List

Thread: iPod Connectivity and Fuel Computer woes

Default iPod Connectivity and Fuel Computer woes

Hey guys just checking to see if anyone else has had these issues.

I've got the OEM iPod Connectivity cable on my Gen II and with an iPod Classic it regularly crashes it when browsing through artists, though not when just playing track after track. I'll be browsing through and all of a sudden it will display iPod 1 00:00 on the deck display and iPod crashes/restarts and it needs to be disconnected and reconnected to be seen by the head unit again. Tried it on two iPod Classics one PC formatted, one Mac formatted. Entirely different libraries too.

Also, fuel computer seems pretty inaccurate. Filled up to 1 click on the bowser pump, reset trip meter, reset fuel averages, did 400km, filled up to one click again at the same servo, 45 litres pumped, and the average it displayed was 9.8L/100km. Seemed like it should have been more like 11.25L/100km...

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Hi Mate

1) the OEM ipod connectivity can be flaky if the connection is dodgy, there is a cable that plugs into the back of the HU and then goes to a controller box iirc. If your gen 2 is under warranty i would be taking it back to them to fix.

2) my fuel average is exactly the same. My thinking is that the actual fuel used during heavy acceleration isn't accurately measured (the enginges run very rich anyways).

Cheers Shiv

Thanks MPShiv.

When testing the iPod connectivity with an iPhone 4 connected I've noticed the sound quality is SO much better than the two iPod Classics along with being more reliable so I might by a cheap iPod Touch and call it a day.

The newer iPods have a different (better?) digital to audio converter and circuitry than the iPod classics.
    I'd go the iPod Touch and make it a dedicated unit for the car