User Tag List

Thread: Springs/Shocks combo

Default Springs/Shocks combo

Hi guys,

Im after a set of springs and shocks for my 6... Would prefer eibach / koni but whatever you have let me know. If someone knows a good place to buy these please chime in.

Darren

coilovers much better hahaha

Yeah I was contemplating, but Im not going track and really don't like the harshness of coilovers for a DD.. That and I would be too tempted to stuff around with the dampening every 5 minutes
    Last edited by dazza; 04-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.

4. Default

I enquired a little while ago at shox.com regarding freight for Koni yellows and they said around $159 from USA. I ended up going with another option myself (Bilstein) but it might be cheaper than local prices?

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Yeah I was contemplating, but Im not going track and really don't like the harshness of coilovers for a DD.. That and I would be too tempted to stuff around with the dampening every 5 minutes
    hahaha good call get the pedders unit's they're pretty soft, BC's are softer to but i have heard some horror stories involving them, tein's are the hardest/most trackable out of the bunch
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

6. Default

I must say with my Bilsteins with Corksport lowering springs rides at least as plush as stock with the added bonus that they track/grip the road way better. I'd highly recommend my combo. Couldn't be happier tbh.

I'd be happy with a set of b8s or koni yellows and eibach springs/kings whatever. Is there really a big difference with springs if you have a good set of shocks? I had a look on shox but they don't seem to list part numbers so I can't see if they're b8s or koni yellows for the speed 6.

8. Default

If you email them regarding what you want they'll send you a quote number from memory. I didn't order mine through them but they seem good for customer service.

Edgeautosport. I bought h&r coilovers from them. They also price match if u find cheaper. Check tirerack.

Got eibach springs and b8 shocks, cant wait to put them in!

not sure if coilover for the 3 will fir the 6 but i might have my mazdaspeed coilovers for sale soon

Got eibach springs and b8 shocks, cant wait to put them in!
    I'm interested in the same setup in my gen 2.

How much did you pay and from where? (if you don't mind me asking)
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    I'm interested in the same setup in my gen 2.

How much did you pay and from where? (if you don't mind me asking)
    I got the springs direct from eibach, seemed to work out about the same as from ordering overseas with shipping, was around $400 shipped.
    Shocks I will most likely pick up from GSL.. Just over 1k shipped, may be different for the gen2.
    If ordering from overseas, chepeast place for shocks was around $850 shipped from FR&RT tuning in UK, but I wanted all my warranties in aus for convenience.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    not sure if coilover for the 3 will fir the 6 but i might have my mazdaspeed coilovers for sale soon
    Not even close, 3's have mcpherson struts, 6's have wishbone front suspension

I got the springs direct from eibach, seemed to work out about the same as from ordering overseas with shipping, was around $400 shipped.
    Shocks I will most likely pick up from GSL.. Just over 1k shipped, may be different for the gen2.
    If ordering from overseas, chepeast place for shocks was around $850 shipped from FR&RT tuning in UK, but I wanted all my warranties in aus for convenience.
    OIC, yeh,seems pricing is pretty general then. Was Quoted $380 from wholesale suspension for the Eibach's. $1100 from Bilstein/Heasman for shocks.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

@SP23HO was that $1100 for the bilsteins alone? Where are you located. If your in sydney give pedders moorebank a go. Been there last two days and daniel the service manager there has been nothing but ultra helpful. Had problems with fron endlinks clunking when first installed...went back today and swapped them over to the stock ones free of charge. I also asked about getting bilstein b8 shocks he said around $1200 i think supplied and installed. Thats what i heard him say. Not a bad price id say

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    @SP23HO was that $1100 for the bilsteins alone? Where are you located. If your in sydney give pedders moorebank a go. Been there last two days and daniel the service manager there has been nothing but ultra helpful. Had problems with fron endlinks clunking when first installed...went back today and swapped them over to the stock ones free of charge. I also asked about getting bilstein b8 shocks he said around $1200 i think supplied and installed. Thats what i heard him say. Not a bad price id say
    Yeh, Bilsteins were quoted for parts only.

Price seems pretty good with pedders then!

yea will most likely go back to them for now on for suspension work...daniel was a good guy and didnt try to sell me things i didnt need or tell me things i didnt need